Help setting up NAZA mode

Reaction score
Well, I cant figure this out. I have a P2V+ and I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can set up the NAZA mode using the software.

I have updated everything, and I am trying to plug it into the computer. Power is on, cable is plugged in, software is running, but it does not do anything. Its like I dont even have it plugged into the computer.

I have tried running the software, plugging it in then turning on the phantom, I tried running the software then turning it on, I tried plugging it in and out with the power on, nothing.

My main goal is to be able to use course lock and RTH.

Also, when I have the software open and everything plugged in I click on the button in the upper right that says "phantom" and it pops up "please connect a controller" .

Do I have to have my transmitter plugged in also?

walt said:
Well, I cant figure this out. I have a P2V+ and I am trying to connect it to my computer so I can set up the NAZA mode using the software.

I have updated everything, and I am trying to plug it into the computer. Power is on, cable is plugged in, software is running, but it does not do anything. Its like I dont even have it plugged into the computer.

I have tried running the software, plugging it in then turning on the phantom, I tried running the software then turning it on, I tried plugging it in and out with the power on, nothing.

My main goal is to be able to use course lock and RTH.

How can you have updated everything if your computer doesn't see your Phantom? Unplug USB from computer, restart computer, plug USB in, plug small USB into Phantom then turn Phantom on.

Do what EMC suggested, and also make sure you installed DJI's basic WIN driver in addition to the Assistant software. Right now your PC isn't seeing your Phantom, which is necessary to do any of the updating as well as switching to NAZA mode.

Guys that was the problem. I reinstalled the drivers and now I found it. When I installed the drivers the first time I did not have the phantom connected. Now I have the latest version 3.04

So now that I have NAZA-M enabled, I can just use the course lock when I fly it? I dont have to do anything with the controller other than using the s1 switch? I dont need to update the controller I mean?

S1 (the right switch) allows you to use gps mode, atti mode or failsafe/manual. S2 (the left switch) allows you to choose course lock and home lock, the upper position is off, middle is course lock bottom is home lock. When using course lock or home lock you want to be in gps mode on the right switch. Also you need to be 10m+ away from it to use home lock.

Well that was a dismal failure. Basically the switches now dont change anything except the color of the lights on the phantom. Now I cant calibrate the compass and even after I get a GPS lock the lights flash green instead of stay green. Also I got some unusual alternating green and red flashes. But the bottom line is the switches dont change any aspect of the flying.

So you enabled Naza mode and after that you enabled IOC in the assistant software. And yes Naza mode has a completely different LED sequence. Take a look at the Naza manual for a chart on what the LEDs mean.

I had to go back an enable IOC mode. I think I was a little disturbed by the flight characteristics of the course lock mode. I thought once course lock was enabled the phantom would fly forward/rev/left/right, whatever, regardless of where the camera was pointed. So like if I was filming the side of a building, I could point the camera at the building and just press 1 direction to go that way, but it seems like a good deal of right stick input is needed.

walt said:
I had to go back an enable IOC mode. I think I was a little disturbed by the flight characteristics of the course lock mode. I thought once course lock was enabled the phantom would fly forward/rev/left/right, whatever, regardless of where the camera was pointed. So like if I was filming the side of a building, I could point the camera at the building and just press 1 direction to go that way, but it seems like a good deal of right stick input is needed.

Kind of...CL means all control response will be in relation to the specific course direction you manually set, rather than in relation to the aircraft's nose. When you set the course and then enable CL, pushing the right stick forward will make the Phantom follow that course regardless of what direction it's pointed.

If it's not behaving like that for you, make sure you're recording the course direction properly, as outlined in the NAZA manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4