help required - can't power up

Reaction score
Hi,

just tried to engage ioc mode but when I unplug the USB and try to start the aircraft I get a single yellow intermittent flash and I'm unable to power up the props. I reset to Phantom mode in the Phantom Assistant software v3.2 but I can't get a solid green light indicating GPS lock. I have done a couple of compass calbrations which indicated successful so that does not seem to be the problem. Should I do the advanced calibration even though the software tells me I don't need to?? This is so frustrating. So little information available on light sequence codes and errors. I read somewhere else that a few people fixed this problem with a 'moderate tap' on the craft followed by a full advanced calibration. I'm convinced it's something I've done in the software. Nothing else was changed. I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance

You need to calibrate the sticks I think.
The correct way to do it fully is connect the controller to RC asisstant, calibrate there - then connect to the phantom and use the main assistant to calibrate the received signal.
The fact you got it to do compass suggests there is communication between the phantom and controller.
Changing to/from phantom mode is unlikely to have much to do with it.

thanks for this info 4wd...I tend to think myself it's to do with sticks calibration as I did have an 'error 29' reported which asked me to do a sticks calibration. I thought I did this correctly. I don't understand though what exactly you mean by 'calibrate the received signal'. How exactly do I do this in the Ph Assistant Software? I'm at work right now but I don't remember seeing that option.

PS...I'll have a look at your Ytube channel later when I get home.

You also need to do a recalibration in the RC Assistant software for the controller as well as the phantom Assistant software. See if that helps.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

thanks Irishsights - I see you're in Bangor. I was just about to post a message looking for NI flyers. I'm in Bangor quite often - we should hook up some time. I have P2 with 3D gimbal and Hero3, 8" monitor (not tried this yet) and iOSD mini.

Hopefully I'll get this thing flying again shortly. Got if from Heliguy in England. I don't think there are any decent model shops left in NI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers