Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help request on a project video(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John MacNeill, Aug 30, 2015.

1. John MacNeill

Jul 8, 2015
    My name is John MacNeill. I am in my 70th year and I am part way through a project documenting the covered bridges in my home province of New Brunswick.
    There are approximately 63 covered bridges still in existence where there once was over 400. I am seeking advice on how best to publish my work. The bridges are being documented using still HDR photography, video and aerial videography using a Phantom 3 drone shooting at 4k.
    My initial thought was to produce YouTube videos of 2-3 minutes covering 1 to 3 bridges in each video. This would involve up to 20 videos and then the following experience happened to me: this spring a friend started publishing on Facebook pictures of icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland. The first few, 5 or 6, were really nice then I found myself saying what another iceberg picture? I'm thinking the same thing could happen with the covered bridges and I'd like to avoid that.
    Should I go the YouTube video route of 2 minute videos or should I do a documentary type video covering maybe 10 bridges at a time which would include a narrated history of each bridge, folklore on some bridges and also nearby towns and country side shots as well as wild life in the area?
    At the moment I have taken footage on 22 covered bridges and will be over half way done before heading to Florida for the winter months where I expect to produce some of the videos. I would love to have your input on how I should proceed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John MacNeill
    Email: johnmacneill2471@gmail.com