Help... Remote controller error

Reaction score
Earlier today, I posted how the p3p is more finicky than the p2v+. Little did I know that I was going to encounter a "new issue" the same day.

When I turned the power on the remote controller, within 5 seconds it started to beep and the status led started to blink red. The manual only says "remote controller error", and I did not see any steps to troubleshoot this.
Tried to turn it off and on to no avail. I then changed the battery on the bird, and it beeped twice and then it turned green. I was surprised because I do not understand the correlation between the two. I flew it OK.

Later today, the same thing happened again, and again a battery change caused it to stop beeping at me.
It is baffling because the cells voltages were all OK, the compass MOD was ok, and the app was saying safe to fly.

So what is it? does anyone have experience with this? Is it just a coincidence that changing the battery stopped the beeping? I would like to know the real issue so that I can take care of it.

Last edited:
... sent inquiry to DJI. If I hear a response, or when I hear one, I will post it here.
If anyone else encountered this - please share.

My inspire remote beeps when turned on and if I move right stick it stops
And seems to work just fine but I would like to know what it is.

Have you tried an RC Calibration? Perhaps one of the control inputs is stuck or calibrated off center. If you go into RC Calibration, all the on screen values should read Zero. If you do recalibrate, make sure you move all three controls (left stick, right stick, and gimbal wheel) in their full range of motion. The finish button doesn't become enabled until you've addressed all three.

All calibration is done through the app.
I suggest you familiarize yourself with all the app features.
For RC calibration,
Enter camera mode on the app
Click the top right menu button
On the pop up there is a horizontal left navigation with icons. Select the second one which looks like the remote controller.
You will see there RC calibration

controllerled.png
Earlier today, I posted how the p3p is more finicky than the p2v+. Little did I know that I was going to encounter a "new issue" the same day.

When I turned the power on the remote controller, within 5 seconds it started to beep and the status led started to blink red. The manual only says "remote controller error", and I did not see any steps to troubleshoot this.
Tried to turn it off and on to no avail. I then changed the battery on the bird, and it beeped twice and then it turned green. I was surprised because I do not understand the correlation between the two. I flew it OK.

Later today, the same thing happened again, and again a battery change caused it to stop beeping at me.
It is baffling because the cells voltages were all OK, the compass MOD was ok, and the app was saying safe to fly.

So what is it? does anyone have experience with this? Is it just a coincidence that changing the battery stopped the beeping? I would like to know the real issue so that I can take care of it.
Did you recharge the controller battery? The manual says the controller will blink red and sound a warning if the battery is dead.

Last edited:
Thx everyone for chiming in again. My problem was a month ago, and calibration of the RC fixed it.

@Stargazer1 resurrected the thread and asked how to calibrate.

@OldFlyer, thx for the manual snippet. I wonder if they have a typo. The line you highlighted is in the RTH LED section.

Thx everyone for chiming in again. My problem was a month ago, and calibration of the RC fixed it.

@Stargazer1 resurrected the thread and asked how to calibrate.

@OldFlyer, thx for the manual snippet. I wonder if they have a typo. The line you highlighted is in the RTH LED section.

Glad you got it figured out. The highlighted line is actually in it's own separate section below that for the RTH LED. I wonder what's the difference between the critical battery warning and the remote controller error.

Many thanks for this (old) thread - my new P3A was doing the flashing red/ beep beep beep. A calibration sorted it out. No mention of this procedure in the manual?

I'm having this same problem. Calibrating the remote works but i have to do it every time i turn it on. Any ideas why?

Hi there,
Am having the same exact issue. Have you figured out a permanent solution?
The potentiometer reads from -1000 to +1000 sensitivity. 0 is dead centre. When the controller turns on and if both sticks don't register 0 then it will beep. Make sure you haven't got anything small obstructing it.
Maybe try doing the calibration slowly and make sure you definitely apply the setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers