HELP..........please

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I really need some help here. I am a professional freelance photographer and decided to diversify into drone photography.

Did some extensive research and finally ended up purchasing a P3S from Amazon about five months ago.

First 3 or 4 flights were great in beginner mode, after which I graduated (confidence building) to really put the aircraft through its paces…..

Follow me…course lock and home lock (no problems). However……and here is where I really really need the flight gurus to help…..

I cannot get aircraft to go further than 120/130m and about 100m in height L So a lot of the overhead aerial assignments I have actually sidelined because I am not getting the vantage point and perspective I need L

I have followed all the prerequisites for flight…..

Not near car, no watch, high tension wires etc, calibration each flight, lots of satellite signal, not near trees……..etc etc etc.

I did try a downgrade to firmware 1.5.7(?) and maybe got a 15/20m increase. I feel soooooo frustrated….not to be able to get even 20% of what I see some guys are getting in range. I presently use…….

Samsung A5 phone

DJIGo 2.9.1

Aircraft Firmware 1.5.7

All apps on phone not in use except DjiGo

NB No video loss….the odd flicker from orange/red back to green. The only issue is the height and distance problem.

What am I doing or not doing right? I have contacted DJI and all they asked is what firmware and if the aircraft is linked. I live in Kingston, Jamaica and a aircraft return to DJI is as complicated as if I had to rebuild the aircraft myself. The paperwork to have a dutiable item to be returned duty free after repairs is major complicated.

What do I need to do? Format the memory card and start all over again?

Help…..please

First tap on the "HD" icon.
IMG_3631.JPG

Then select the top settings option.
Scroll to the bottom and adjust your "Max Flight Altitude" & "Max Flight Distance"
IMG_3632.JPG

Reactions: Phil56
First tap on the "HD" icon.
View attachment 66905

Then select the top settings option.
Scroll to the bottom and adjust your "Max Flight Altitude" & "Max Flight Distance"
View attachment 66906

Thanks Brubaker
Will follow your instructions and get back to you. Its raining slightly here now though.
But as soon as I can give you some feedback I will.....
Billy

You stated that you are not getting any loss of video transmission so you are not losing signal on that end.
Personally, I would just recommend turning off the distance limiter all together because I don't see a situation I would need to limit myself, I never used it when I was a new pilot but it's a personal choice.

Are you getting a message popping up on your device saying distance limit reached or height limit reached and the phantom simply will not proceed any farther or does the phantom fail to respond and that's why it won't go farther?
If you are not sure, you can upload a flight log here and we can see what's happening.

Thanks all of you...the weather abated a bit today...so I did what Brubaker suggested......still no luck...Signal list..return to home
Will try what Rod and DG882 suggested with the flight log....
Appreciate the help

somehow couldnt access logs through cable.....had to go through a circuitous route :(
Hope this is ok

Attachments

• djiflightlogs.zip
    664.8 KB · Views: 348
You stated that you are not getting any loss of video transmission so you are not losing signal on that end.
Personally, I would just recommend turning off the distance limiter all together because I don't see a situation I would need to limit myself, I never used it when I was a new pilot but it's a personal choice.

Are you getting a message popping up on your device saying distance limit reached or height limit reached and the phantom simply will not proceed any farther or does the phantom fail to respond and that's why it won't go farther?
If you are not sure, you can upload a flight log here and we can see what's happening.
It just says "signal lost" returning to home

somehow couldnt access logs through cable.....had to go through a circuitous route :(
Hope this is ok
You mentioned in the start of this discussion that you were unable to fly farther than about 120 meters. However within the folder you posted are only 3 logs. All of which I do not see you trying to fly any sort of distance, the three flights you posted were all within about 20 meters of you but you did fly 30+ meters directly above you on those flights. Your controller did attempt re-connections but only when flying almost directly over yourself.
What position do you have the central antenna on the controller facing? Do you have it extending straight out from the controller or at a 90 degree angle with the controller?
Where ever the drone is located in the air, you want the most surface area on the antenna to face the drone, signal output is extremely limited from the tip of the antenna so you should never have it pointed at the drone.
If you want us to analyze your distance issues, you will either need to find more logs or preform another flight and get the log so we can see, however it too may also be related to your antenna positioning.
It is also important to have the top of your controller where "do not cover" is printed to be facing the drone at all times. There are two internal antennas used for receiving video feed and some other data that must always be pointed towards the drone for performance.

You mentioned in the start of this discussion that you were unable to fly farther than about 120 meters. However within the folder you posted are only 3 logs. All of which I do not see you trying to fly any sort of distance, the three flights you posted were all within about 20 meters of you but you did fly 30+ meters directly above you on those flights. Your controller did attempt re-connections but only when flying almost directly over yourself.
What position do you have the central antenna on the controller facing? Do you have it extending straight out from the controller or at a 90 degree angle with the controller?
Where ever the drone is located in the air, you want the most surface area on the antenna to face the drone, signal output is extremely limited from the tip of the antenna so you should never have it pointed at the drone.
If you want us to analyze your distance issues, you will either need to find more logs or preform another flight and get the log so we can see, however it too may also be related to your antenna positioning.
It is also important to have the top of your controller where "do not cover" is printed to be facing the drone at all times. There are two internal antennas used for receiving video feed and some other data that must always be pointed towards the drone for performance.

Thanks for your response. I will endeavour to monitor the antennae position from now on. Will try to post the other logs...

To @dg8882,
He gave something to do.:D

Rod

O goodness....hope I havent overdone sending the logs That green emoticon seems not in my favour
No, but this post made me laugh!

Rod :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.