Help please new sd card will not work

Reaction score
Hi hope you can help me my p3s will not recognise a new sd card. The problem is I am over in Spain and I left the sd card that came with the p3s in the uk as I was deleting files on it. So my bird is here and I can't photo or film, I also did a upgrade on the DJI GO app as well before I left will this have a impact on the card. The cardi bought was a SanDisk Ultra UHS-1
0046521c2367cb49cecfd548c0363530.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi I have tried the format button it just keeps saying invalid sd card and when I also put the card in and it's initialising it then says invalid sd card feelin frustrated [emoji30]

Yeah, that's odd. Have you reformatted it with a pc to fat/fat32, then put it back in the drone?

Their are Chinese knock-offs of SanDisk and other major card manufacturers. Some of them work, and some don't. Hard to tell as the packaging is extremely well copied. That could be your problem.

SD card was bought from a mainstream reputable chain store over here in Spain so it shouldn't be a knock off one I am checking it on the download Kenyon said

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do I have to put any firmware etc on the card before I can use it or is it just plug in and play with a new card

See if you can exchange it from the store. Maybe bring your bird in to help explain what you're trying to do to the sales clerk. If they are a decent company, they shouldn't let you leave until they find and sell what works for you.

Do you have a digital camera that uses SD cards, pop the micro into the adapter and into your camera and try to format it in your camera, otherwise if you have a computer with an SD card slot like Macs have, pop it in and format it using your computer, with a Mac you would use Disk Utility to reformat it

I've tried all the above and still no joy looks like I will have to buy another type to see if that works what a pain I'm right in assuming that the phantom will download all relevant info on the card etc

I had that problem and the next one a company sent me worked. So Terry are not always usable. Now you have a nice micro SD card for your smart phone

I've tried all the above and still no joy looks like I will have to buy another type to see if that works what a pain I'm right in assuming that the phantom will download all relevant info on the card etc

Plug n play worked when I switched cards

I didn't see class 10 on the packaging. I have to use class 10 cards or they don't work. They work in my gopro's, and in my laptop, and I can even take video with the drone, transfer it to my laptop, then transfer it to one of these non class 10 cards, and it all works, just not when the less than class 10 card is in my drone. I don't get it, but that's the way it is.

The only card that works in my P3S is the one that came with it and a Samsung EVO... Nothing else worked...thats just my bird tho

I bought another card it was the Sandisk extreme 32g and that worked fine with no issues thanks for the advice u have no issues with this card it worked fine and i Will buy the same again [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
I didn't see class 10 on the packaging. I have to use class 10 cards or they don't work. They work in my gopro's, and in my laptop, and I can even take video with the drone, transfer it to my laptop, then transfer it to one of these non class 10 cards, and it all works, just not when the less than class 10 card is in my drone. I don't get it, but that's the way it is.
it says uhs class 1 - thats plenty fast enough. equal or better than old spec of class 10

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic