HELP PLEASE --First flight of Phantom 1 and on GPS it flies

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE --First flight of Phantom 1 and on GPS it flies very eratic and crashes very quickly, I did calibration and all right steps, what could possibly be the problem----please help sincerely Tim

Re: HELP PLEASE --First flight of Phantom 1 and on GPS it fl

Welcome to the forum, Tim - quadflyn. In addition to the GPS calibration there are Radio Controller, advanced calibrations and system updates. It would be helpful for folks to have more details so we can know exactly what has been done (and what hasn't.)

You haven't mentioned if you've read the manual. Additionally, there's a wealth of instructional videos on Youtube. There are some great people on this forum who want to help you, so it's good to be more specific.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Did you get it new, or used? If it's crashed at all I would do a full IMU calibration, and also calibrate the controller.

More info please.

Make sure you are doing your Compass Dance AWAY from any electrical interference, including buried power lines. ;)

Welcome to the forum, hope this gets resolved soon so you can go fly. :D

I just came off an interesting thread which points out how important it is to have the FC level during an Advanced IMU Calibration.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35131

Your bird may have come from the factory with the FC tipped a bit.

Well Tim, you sounded like you were in a hurry to get things sorted out.
Why not checking back within 2 days?

Anyhow, what I would suggest is, that you hook it up to the Naza assistant software:

1. Check the gain settings.
2. Hit DEFAULT
3. Do the advanced calibration again, keep it perfectly level.
4. Calibrate the Tx with RC assistant.
5. On the field, do the compass dance
6. See what happens.

If it's shaking the gains would be too high, which I doubt would be the case after you have hit DEFAUlT like I suggested. If it's 'bath tubbing' (moving around in large ellipses), the gains are too low. In that case I suggest you experiment with higher gains (10% a time) and keep trying until the quad flies like you feel it's OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik