HELP please. Crash, now with constant beeps [solved]

Reaction score
{SOLVED:
loose cable on the side of NAZA v2 caused it to beep erratically. Red and yellow lights would flash incessantly and the beeps along with the lights. }

Hello fellow Phantom pilots,
This is my first post in this forum. Please pardon my mistakes and ignorance.

I was very unintelligent and lend it to a friend who wasn't experienced at flying, so he flew it in a tree and it crashed.

After the crash, it had has a constant beeping along with only flashing red and yellow lights.
The speed of sound is apporx 60 times per minute. The red(front) lights beeps with the beep and the yellow lights is two times faster than the red ones so 120 times per minute.

Also the 1 of the motors twitches at every other red light.

I have opened D2 already, everything is intact.

I can't find anything on youtube or google to fix this problem!!
The motor will not turn on, and I can't find the problem.
Thank you for reading. please help. thank you so much.

Re: HELP please. Crash, now with constant beeps

Have you tried connecting it up to the NAZA assistant to see what error message it might be showing?

after any major crash, it's a good idea to run Advanced Calibration, in case the gyro's were knocked out of whack.

I am new to dji phantom or RC toys. I don't understand how to do fix it at all.

I've downloaded the DJI phantom 2 assistant software ... and NAZA v2 after I've read your comment.
Could you list the steps? How do i connect NAZA to my PC? the computer read no measurements when the DJI is on(beeping nonstop) in NAZA v2 assistant software.

chengt1 said:
I am new to dji phantom or RC toys. I don't understand how to do fix it at all.

I've downloaded the DJI phantom 2 assistant software ... and NAZA v2 after I've read your comment.
Could you list the steps? How do i connect NAZA to my PC? the computer read no measurements when the DJI is on(beeping nonstop) in NAZA v2 assistant software.

1. Install the DJI WIN Driver, install the Phantom 2 Assistant and install the RC Assistant software.
2. Remove props from quad
3. Open Phantom 2 Assistant Software
4. Plug USB cable into PC and into the port on the front of the Phantom
5. Power on transmitter
6. Power on Phantom (DO NOT POWER ON MOTORS, obviously)

Once all of that is done and you see a green and blue light in the bottom-left corner of your P2 Assistant software, check through everything. Check transmitter calibration and verify the input is being received by the Phantom, then run through a calibration. Check through the advanced section and verify all of your IOC settings are as they were and then finally check the calibration of the IMU. Even though I have never crashed mine, nor even had a hard landing, I do this all every five flights - check through everything, menu-by-menu, all the way to the battery to check voltage, remaining life, etc.

Once you have checked through everything via the P2 Assistant, power everything down and disconnect. Then open the RC Assistant software and plug the transmitter ONLY in and power it on. Verify all of the settings there and check calibration, etc.

My guess is your IMU and compass are out of whack and it sounds like a motor might be on the fritz, but check all of the software out first.

Good luck!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Thank you for kindly listing all the steps. But how can I fix it even after I have detected the error. Is this an error 25? Is the whack on the table work? I have seen various YouTube videos that demonstrate whacking NAZA firmly shod fix the problem. But I cannot detach it from the mother board itself. And two cables are stuck right on NAZA. Help?

here are some pictures of my Dji Phantom 2.

So I did some more research online and found out it was my ECS beeping nonstop. I took them apart and none of the ECS are damaged or cracked. all perfectly fine.

Also, I found out incessant beeping can also be caused by NAZA not being powered.
So i checked the cables and all of them are intact.

I heard that slamming NAZA firmly on the table would reset or "fix" it after a crash, but the thing is I need to take it off the main board. And for some reason I cannot remove the three cables from NAZA v2, if seemed as if they are glued on. is this normal?

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 1,305
  • naza.JPG
    naza.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,916

I haven't been around DJI's stuff for very long, but something about slamming any part of the Phantom onto a table just sounds wrong to me. What's the logic behind that? Just curious.

I'll wait for those much more knowledgeable on this stuff to chime in.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

for the person who advised me to check my IMU.

everything is in range. so....i dont know what is wrong.

Attachments

• asist dj2.JPG
    asist dj2.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 1,099

I wouldn't slam anything. That's what caused the problem in the first place. Maybe you can slam your friend.

You should post a video of it beeping and twitching. My guess is you have at least one bad ESC but there could be more. After any significant crash, you will need to go through a series of diagnostic steps. I can't describe all the steps in detail but you have to check for shell damage, motor damage, physical inspection of boards, connections and wires, capacitors, resistors, trace burns. IMU and compass calibration. Battery deformation, cracks, etc.

The flashing yellow red indicates a compass issue but what you're describing is too fast so it is hard to tell without a video.

Reactions: Hunter23

Thank you so so much for eagerly helping me with helpful feedback.

I finally solved after 20 hours of research and fixing. I've uploaded a picture.

SOLUTION: apparently, a wire was loose where I showed in the picture. But I plugged it back in the wrong position since the port is so big, so it beeps crazily. It was a newbie mistake, thanks for all the help. Thats it folks. Thanks!! Can't wait to fly again.

Attachments

• explanation.JPG
    explanation.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 1,525
Reactions: StefanMK
Thanks chengt1!!! I had one friends Phantom 2 doing the same beeping, and I noticed that he connected that plug into the + instead of the signal line :D This help!!! +Likes!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr