Help: Photogrammetry for Orthomosaic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

is the pahntom 3 able to do this kind of work?
is there somebody here who ever did this "kind of job"?

based on a fast search that i did it seems that i need to get a softwares called Pix4D, does anyone have experience with it??

THANKS so much guys!

Pix4d works well with P2V+, I read somewhere that it's P3 compatible now?

The capture part is free but you'll need to sell a kidney (or two) for the actual software :)

Thanks ginger

Do u guys know another software for this kind of aplication??

Thanksss!!!!! Obrigado

Pix4d free version will get you some cool stuff but ginger is right...the paid version is insanely expensive. Make sure when you fly you take lots of pics with as much overlap as possible.

Try mapsmadeeasy.com, they could process your images to an ortophoto and you could test it for free. Very good service. Both pix4d and mapsmadeeasy states that they will do an app for p3.
I have tested to make somr ortophots from my p3a, I think that its limits are the quality from the stills. But it give gps-data in the exif that looks very good.

OpenDroneMap (open source) works fine (it requires some Linux knowledge). PhotoScan from Agisoft also does the job (it is not free, but there are trial versions). There are other software as well, search the Internet [emoji3]

I have not tried yet but will soon use arcgis and orthorectify and image, being that I am Florida with little elevation change it should be easy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am a betatester of the app from mapsmadeeasy and it is working very good to capture pictures over a specific area. I hope that it will be a public release soon. This will be an awful app! The ortos you could get from them are good and could be an alternative to invest in expensive software. The pointclouds from pix4d is very good, but if you "only" need ortos you could use mapsmadeeasy.

Last edited:
No advice, but I did a double-take of thread title............ I first read ortho orgasmic!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl