HELP Phantom Li-Po battery charger Defective?????

Reaction score
I just received my Phantom and I am not sure that the battery charger is functioning correctly....
After connecting the battery to the charger the lights continue to flash in this order: Charge status (RED), 2S,Charge status (RED), 2S, Charge status (RED), 2S, then all together the Charge status (RED) + 1S + 2S + 3S stay lit for 5 seconds. Then this light sequence begins again.

Is this what the charger is supposed to do until the battery is fully charged and the Charge status light turns Green?

Also, is there a manual that should come with the Phantom????????????????

Thanks in advance

I connected the battery using the my IMax charger and the leads that came with the Phantom and Wha-La she's charging. It has to be the charger - The battery tested out good and the leads to charger are good. Using some know good leads (Deans / T-connector) from my Imax charger and another battery with a Deans connector the Phantom charger displays the same symptoms.

I did watch all the videos about a week ago and then I reviewed the Unboxing video again today to see if the battery charger lights in the demo behaved like mine, NOPE, on their charger - the 1s, 2s, and 3s lights stayed on and the Charge Status light also stayed Red. Once the battery was charged, then the Charge Status light turned green.

My Battery Charger was Dead-On-Arrival, I am glad that I have the Imax Charger, ready for my first test flight tonight!!!

Whooo-Hooooo

Gizmo3000 said:
It's a bit of a company fail that they don't include any documentation,
or even a card saying "go to the website to download instructions" (like GoPro does)

But you'll definitely want to go to the DJI website and download all the manuals (including one that's for the charger)
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products ... downloads/

Make sure both battery connectors are connected and it's set to LiPo
(be sure to watch all the video's at:
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products ... /overview/

Mine came from DSLR Pro with sticker below:
P1240514Small.jpg

Hah! guess I missed that sticker as I eagerly opened up my box to check out my new toy! :D

speaking of what comes in the box, there's a small plastic bag that contains some string and I guess some adhesive clear stickers?
just like the stickers, it's not listed in the manual. any idea?

Yep I saw the sticker, not as well as the picture of it, now that you mention it--- Sheeshhh
Must have been the Chinese writing on the bottom that confused me!

Gizmo3000 said:
Hah! guess I missed that sticker as I eagerly opened up my box to check out my new toy! :D

speaking of what comes in the box, there's a small plastic bag that contains some string and I guess some adhesive clear stickers?
just like the stickers, it's not listed in the manual. any idea?

I saw the string, what the heck is that for?

Dronepilot1 said:
I just received my Phantom and I am not sure that the battery charger is functioning correctly....
After connecting the battery to the charger the lights continue to flash in this order: Charge status (RED), 2S,Charge status (RED), 2S, Charge status (RED), 2S, then all together the Charge status (RED) + 1S + 2S + 3S stay lit for 5 seconds. Then this light sequence begins again.

Is this what the charger is supposed to do until the battery is fully charged and the Charge status light turns Green?

Also, is there a manual that should come with the Phantom????????????????

Thanks in advance

That's what my charger did after I accidentally touched red to black with the battery connected. I got the same light sequence. I moved my batteries over to my Onyx charger and they worked fine. That light sequence is the spinning wheel of death.

String is to attach to the lead to help pull it out of the battery compartment all in in the manuals ????

footlaunch1 said:
String is to attach to the lead to help pull it out of the battery compartment all in in the manuals ????

no , the discussion went on a side tangent, as we were wondering what the plastic bag with string and stickers are for.
not mentioned in the manuals.

The string is to attach to the battery leads inside the Phantom to make it easier to pull them out.
The white stickers are for wrapping/securing the Compass cable and the Antenna lead to the landing gear

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31