[HELP] Phantom 3 standard gimbal motor issue

Reaction score
Hello.. I have p3s and its gimbal not working.. i mean camera is working perfectly.. I can see it on DJI go app. crystal clear. but all 3 motors are not powering up , they are even not shaking. there is no any movement, just hanging out freely.. and before this problem, I got "gimbal motor overload" message few times. my phantom has not crashed it has not landed roughly.. if you have a any solution.. please help me I will highly appreciate that.. Thanks

call dji and send it in if its still under warranty

Hello.. I have p3s and its gimbal not working.. i mean camera is working perfectly.. I can see it on DJI go app. crystal clear. but all 3 motors are not powering up , they are even not shaking. there is no any movement, just hanging out freely.. and before this problem, I got "gimbal motor overload" message few times. my phantom has not crashed it has not landed roughly.. if you have a any solution.. please help me I will highly appreciate that.. Thanks
Have you tried the Gimble calibration and IMU calibration yet?

I have the same problem, did you solve it? :)

yeap bro.. only solution is replacing gimbal main board.. you have to go for warranty it warranty has.. or else buy a new gimbal.. or find a crashed gimbal on ebay and and get the working main board from it.. that is the only solution.. it was a main board problem..

Did tou got any other error messeges like gimbal gyroscope error or only motors overloaded messege?

Last edited:
yeap bro.. only solution is replacing gimbal main board.. you have to go for warranty it warranty has.. or else buy a new gimbal.. or find a crashed gimbal on ebay and and get the working main board from it.. that is the only solution.. it was a main board problem..
Hi. How much did you pay for the repair?

was the "motors overloaded" the only error that was showing up before and during the problem? :)

new gimbal is $218 ... DJI Camera for Phantom 3 Standard CP.PT.000257 B&H Photo Video

but you van find crashed one that has a good main board for like $100-$150 .. but my opinion is buy a new one for $218 and sell your one on ebay that there is problem with the main board and all the other things are fine... so you can sell it for like $130-$150 .. it is really good for you.. and there are plenty of people who are looking for parts..

new gimbal is $218 ... DJI Camera for Phantom 3 Standard CP.PT.000257 B&H Photo Video

but you van find crashed one that has a good main board for like $100-$150 .. but my opinion is buy a new one for $218 and sell your one on ebay that there is problem with the main board and all the other things are fine... so you can sell it for like $130-$150 .. it is really good for you.. and there are plenty of people who are looking for parts..

But what was the exact error? Because now i found seller that have the motherboard and the ribbon cable for sale, and I want to buy one of them, the reason I think is the cable is because, after the problem begins, two or three times after alot of restarts, the gimbal powers up and works normally for a couple of minutes, then starts to shake in all directions and shows "motors overloaded" error message, after a restart I'm getting again gimbal tilt, roll and gyroscope error... Did yours works after afew restarts or did you had these exact errors on the dji go app? Thanks for help :)

No bro..in my case I got the video feed without any problem.. but i did not get any movement on the motors.. so I checked it by professionals.. they are the ones who said to that there is problem with my gimbal main board.. before all this sudden stop, I got all the errors like you are getting now.. so but both ribbon cable and main board

I have video feed, but my buttons for the camera controls (the shutter button and the switch button between video and photo etc.) are grayed out and I can't do any photos or videos, only live feed... Was the same with your drone?

nope.. i could record my videos.. if you have money go for a new gimbal and sell yours on ebay.. or else buy ribbon cable 1st and try it.. if still you have the issue.. then replace the main board.. I think that is the best thing you can do..

Yes, I will get the cable first, if dont work will buy and the board... the seller says that is not a problem to keep it for me for couple of days untill the cable comes and try it first.. hope that this is the problem... mine is exact the issue like this tread - Good DJI service - P3 24-hour chat support (Gimbal hardware issue)
that is why I think that is a cable problem and also because managed to work several times after the problem occurs... -

My gimbal on my PS3 sometimes doesn't move at all at bird start up and others times it goes crazy all over the place. sometimes it is working when it takes off but comes back crazy again.
up down and back and fourth way to fast. do I also need a mother board???

And when it is not moving at all you get gimbal guroscope error but you have video feed? If it is like that, that was my problem, repleaced tha ribbon gable and now it is working perfectly, it is not the motherboard :)

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4