Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help - Phantom 2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by echelon98, Mar 1, 2015.

1. echelon98

Hello, I have recently been having problems with my Phatom 2, whenever I turn it on my Drone goes crazy regarding the RC commands. The left lever which usually controls throttle, now wont accelerate to gain altitude, instead the rotors power down, on the other hand when I give it the right and left commands the Gimbal Zenmuse turns right and left (which has never happened to me before).

Heres what I've tried so far:
    -I reinstalled latests firmwares on both the Phantom 2 and the RC.
    -Calibrated the controller with the RC desktop software.
    -Calibrated the Drone with the Phantom 2 desktop software (making sure it detected the RC and had no problems with the calibrations)
    -Did the standart compass calibration outside with perfect weather conditions.

All of which i did several times and my RC still seems to have gone haywire.

Setup: DJI Phantom 2 + Zenmuse Gimbal H3-3D + Hero 3+ GoPro.

2. Hughie

I can't tell from the symptoms you have given what you are seeing.
    Can you check from the RC Assistant that your controller is in the Stick Mode (usually Mode2)

3. echelon98

Yes I always calibrate the RC under the Mode 2 option, My X1 lever (the tilt lever for the gimbal) its located on the back of the controller. Would you like me to explain the problem again? I can try and reprhase what my problem is.

4. QYV

QYV

It sounds like your sticks got reversed? Throttle on the right and lateral on the left? which is the opposite of "normal" ?

If that's the case, it's a simple fix in RC Assistant you want your RC in "Mode 2"

Mode 2 = throttle/rotate on left stick - Lateral on right stick
    Mode 1 = lateral on left stick - throttle/rotate on right stick

the pictures on the left in RC assistant will confirm

5. N017RW

Not exactly...

Mode 1 only swaps Throttle and Elevator as compared to Mode 2 (i.e. the sticks vertical motion(s)).
    The sticks horizontal functions,Rudder (yaw) and Aileron (roll), remain unchanged.

Mode 3 actually swaps the sticks.

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-tra ... modes.html

6. Hobby Mounts

Do you have the words REV next to any of the controls in the Phantom software?

7. QYV

QYV

Your answer is accurate if he has an aftermarket Futaba transmitter... I was assuming (which I do unless otherwise stated) that he's working with standard equipment (the DJI DJ6 or NDJ6)... which only has the two modes I described :)
    [​IMG]