HELP: Phantom 2 Vision+ Battery not charging

Reaction score
Hi

One of my batteries just isn't wanting to charge - when plugged in (at 8% charge left), get a single green blinking light on the battery, and the light on the DJI Charger goes green (instead of Red). The battery is using the latest firmware and is pretty healthy:

Loader Version 1.5.0.0
Firmware: 2.6.0.0
Full CapacitY: 5153 mAh
Current Capacity: 438 mAh
Percentage of charge: 8%
Percentage of life: 95%
Discharging Times: 16 Times
Cell 1 Voltage: 3698 mV
Cell 2 Voltage: 3695 mV
Cell 3 Voltage: 3700 mV

I've tried plugging it in with the battery turned on, etc, but still no luck. My other battery charges fine to 100%

Any advice, please?

Attachments

• 10978492_10155281676910637_7849812118265965041_n.jpg
    10978492_10155281676910637_7849812118265965041_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 528
Just noticed that the temperature says it is 120.... this certainly isn't the case! Get a high temperature warning too from the DJI IOS software.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum! You probably haven't gotten an answer as the problem is a bit baffling. Having given it some thought, I can only assume that it has to be the battery itself.

That is pretty strange esp the temp warning esp if its not really that hot. Sounds like maybe its getting a false temp reading and preventing the battery from charging being thats too hot to charge it safely so the so called smart board inside that is not really all that smart will try to prevent the battery from charging if it thinks some thing is wrong.

Hay Stenweb,
Did you recently updated the battery fw by any chance? If yes, is that fw compatible with your battery production batch? The reason I ask is the fact that when dji issued their latest battery fw update, they communicared it would not be compatible with all batteries, not even all types of oem/dji batteries.
Regards FA

If the batterys firmware is older then what ever firmware is on the phantom it should still recognize the battery no problem even if the battery will not take the new battery firmware and let you up date the battery. BUT if the battery already has the newest firmware on it and not using a version of the naza and main board firmware that came out after the new battery firmware version. Then you might have a problem with the phantom not being able to recognize the battery. But it will not show any thing in the battery screen in the naza and will just be mostly all zeros for the cells volts and stuff as well as keep poping up a non dji battery message. Even tho its a OEM DJI battery.

I just ran in to this the other day with battery that was one of the latest ones that would not work at all in some one else's phantom2 and seemed like it maybe was not a real dji battery or I thought they might have toasted it when charging it. Being it showed no info whats so ever and was saying zero volts on all the cells and all sorts of messed up info in the naza assistant. Yet works and shows perfectly in all of my p2s and visions. It was not till after I checked the firmware version and also noticed it has all the stuff in the vision app that only works with the new battery's firmware that I realized why the other persons phantom just would not recognize the battery at all. The phantom just was like hey I dont know what this version is being it was not around when the older naza software came out so it thinks its not a dji battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr