Help-- P4p Landing gear

Reaction score
Help!--my p4p hit an inside wall and the landing gear took a hit. the two white snap off covers came off one side and will not go on. No part seems broken, but I feel they should easily snap back in place. ( see photos )

also, note the space at the base of the bird where the landing gear connects...that's not like that the other gear

how do I put these back without breaking?

Attachments

• landing gear problem.JPG
    landing gear problem.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 20170415_143610.jpg
    20170415_143610.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 273
I have the same problem, and I think someone told me there's no way to put those parts back in! This sounds awful, but seems to be true. So now I'm looking for a new landing gear. Some places advertise them for $20-something, but they aren't in stock. E-Bay sellers want $39! Seems steep for what it is. If you can find a good seller who'd sell for a good price, please let me know.

You CAN put those covers back on. It's just hard to explain how to do it. The covers are numbered 1,2,3,&4 but it's easy enough to figure out which ones go where (see photo below). The bottom tabs go in first. If that's all that's wrong with your AC, figure out how to get them back on.

20171010_061458.jpg

Buying new landing gear won't solve the problem because you'll have to install 4 covers instead of 2. Huh? What I mean is, when you buy the landing gear, it comes with 4 new covers in a small ziplock bag as well as 8 new screws and 2 wire harnesses. The covers are separate because you'll need the covers OFF to replace the landing gear. The landing gear is secured by 2 screws (1 long and 1 short) in each of the 4 leg ends. To change the landing gear you have to separate the top and bottom half of the AC. Here's a video I found of how to take it all apart:

Landing Gear.jpg

The low price landing gear sold as Part# 26 is NOT compatible with the P4P. The one for the P4P is Part# 5 and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of $50-60. The reason it's so expensive is because the landing gear contains an antenna and compass. I got mine at Amazon and it came packaged as an OEM part.

Click to enlarge

Label.jpg

Hope this helps.

Giddyup

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedmeister

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member