HELP! P3 Professional went out of control and crashed.

I could care less about the generic e-mail carrying the same contents. I'm extremely happy about the message that myself and others have received who were unable to recover their aircraft. It's clear there is an issue out there and that's why they're handling things this way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Seriously, how could the Phantom calibrate the compass in flight? Does it fly at a 90 degree angle while adjusting the compass data?
First, it yaws in a circle and then tilts down 90 degrees and tumbles end over end, just like you do to calibrate it...:)

Seriously, how could the Phantom calibrate the compass in flight? Does it fly at a 90 degree angle while adjusting the compass data?

The nose down part of the calibration is not for the compass. It's for the gyro.

I could care less about the generic e-mail carrying the same contents. I'm extremely happy about the message that myself and others have received who were unable to recover their aircraft. It's clear there is an issue out there and that's why they're handling things this way.

Me too! I was a little surprised that someone called this out. LOL - were we supposed to be offended that they didn't take the time to send us a more personal, unique response?

Hell - I wouldn't have cared if all they sent was:
"Here's a new one!"

I think it's good that they use the templates to standardize conmunications with customers - especially since there are likely language differences.

Last edited:
Me too! I was a little surprised that someone called this out. LOL - were we supposed to be offended that they didn't take the time to send us a more personal, unique response?

Hell - I would have cared if all the sent was:
"Here's a new one!"

I think it's good that they use the templates to standardize conmunications with customers - especially since there are likely language differences.
Yes, as long as there is a new one on the way who cares. Hope there isnt a real issue.

Hell - I wouldn't have cared if all they sent was:
"Here's a new one!"

Haha I agree! Analyzing the analysis by the analyzer. I'm just happy to have gotten the message, regardless of how it was worded.

Business is business, they need to be consistent with how they convey messages in situations or it creates a mess of analysis.

You can calibrate offsets in flight just by comparing compass data with GPS ground track data. Ideally you'd need to fly a few nose in full circles to be able to fully compensate for wind, or you must have a decent wind estimate before you do this. This is exactly how it works with APM/pixhawk.

How the phantom does it, is anyone's guess since DJI arent saying. And I dont even know if the phantom does any wind estimates at all. I doubt it, otherwise it would be useful info to put on the GUI.

Did the start of your flight resemble this one of mine? I had a full battery though, and the bail out move was to gun it up, to avoid the trees as the only control I had was the throttle. My compass was hooped due my poor take off site (total dumb ***, not thinking that day). The classic toilet bowl circle yours made certainly points to compass issues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Just curious, did you takeoff from roof on your car? Is this safe? I think maybe compass and other sensors can be interrupted when takeoff from a cars roof.

Just curious, did you takeoff from roof on your car? Is this safe? I think maybe compass and other sensors can be interrupted when takeoff from a cars roof.
If you try this:
i-3h6Nq8P-M.jpg

This is what you get:
i-3psJrs8-M.png

And you can't start the motors until you move away.

Did the start of your flight resemble this one of mine? I had a full battery though, and the bail out move was to gun it up, to avoid the trees as the only control I had was the throttle. My compass was hooped due my poor take off site (total dumb ***, not thinking that day). The classic toilet bowl circle yours made certainly points to compass issues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What are you using to record sound during flight?

P2 with GoPro 3 black. I wish the PE recorded sounds of the prop wash

I found this on DJI website, and it gives a little insight into how the flight controller and sensors interact. It seemed relevant to some of the discussions in this thread.

2. Precision Flight Status Identification

The entire flight controller system is made up of a plethora of sensors for gathering flight data. Each sensor has independently been refined to maximize accuracy and reliability, and data is backed up by related sensors. For instance, GPS and barometer both capture altitude information. The system utilizes all sensor information to get best estimate of the status of the entire system. Additionally, many differently configured algorithms are running simultaneously to cross check all information and provide another layer of redundancy. This allows a DJI flight controller to identify and even bypass faulty or malfunctioning modules to ensure flight stability.

3. Sensor Redundancy
Critical sensors are redundant, working together with analytical redundancy and advanced diagnostic algorithms, the flight controller compares the data stream coming from each sensor and validates them. In the event of sensor failure, the system seamlessly switches to another to maintain flight control reliability.

4. In-Flight Fault Diagnosis
the flight controller features an integrated distributed fault diagnosis and situation assessment system that allows the aircraft to reconfigure itself or adjust its flight plan in the event of a failure. It constantly monitors data from the navigation system, propulsion system, power system, and wireless communication system in real-time, allowing the aircraft to maintain consistent, reliable flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers