HELP!!! P2V+ Motor pulsing at idle

Reaction score
One motor pulses at idle. Interestingly I've tested it with 4 different batteries. On two fully charged batteries it does NOT do this but on the other two batteries that were between 25-35% charged the Phantom will pulse at idle. When it does pulse on light throttle it will go away. I haven't tested this in the air as i'm afraid that something crazy might happen. Can any other P2V+ owners confirm if theirs does this as well? Thanks.

Venom93corba said:
One motor pulses at idle. Interestingly I've tested it with 4 different batteries. On two fully charged batteries it does NOT do this but on the other two batteries that were between 25-35% charged the Phantom will pulse at idle. When it does pulse on light throttle it will go away. I haven't tested this in the air as i'm afraid that something crazy might happen. Can any other P2V+ owners confirm if theirs does this as well? Thanks.

First, you are going to be fine. Its only at idle. When you are in flight, the NAZA is controlling engine speeds based on what you are telling the Phantom to do, and the input from the IMU, GPS, etc.. I am new to these quads, but I have flown electric RC airplanes for years. First, go back into the Assistant or RC Assistant and recalibrate your sticks. If it persists, then my guess is one of your ESC (electronic speed controller) units isn't perfectly calibrated to your throttle. With airplanes, you calibrate an ESC to the controller's throttle control. This teaches the ESC where the 0% and 100% positions are for the specific controller. If you have a multi-engine aircraft, you usually calibrate each one independently. Typically I would calibrate them one at a time, but I have done multi-engine calibrations concurrently and never noticed a difference or a problem. The procedure for initiating an ESC depends on the ESC, and I don't know how to do this for the Phantom, or whether it is recommended to do them individually or concurrently.

What you are seeing may well be perfectly normal. Again, in flight you should be fine because the NAZA is controlling the engine speeds. Go fly your bird, just take it easy at first until you feel confident.

Interesting, but I think you are fine to fly. It only pulses at idle. You should plug into the Assistant with each battery, go to Tools, and screen shot the battery statistics for these two batteries. Perhaps we can shed some light on this with the battery data?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.