Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help on setup of NIB 1 year old P3 Standard

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by logbuilder, May 22, 2016.

1. logbuilder

I have owned a P3 Advanced for over a year. I remember setup was a bear with multiple firmware updates and connecting to the DJI go app. Took me an entire evening. But got it done and no problems since.

A friend was gifted a P3 Standard over a year ago and never even opened the box. I offered to get it ready to fly for him. Batteries are charging now and will start setup tomorrow. In reading the instructions, it mentions nothing about firmware updates. It pretty much says charge the bats, download DJI go app and fly. I can't believe it is that simple.

Are there firmware updates I need to make to controller and P3s or other steps? If so, can someone point me to a thread about it? I searched but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2. Prairie Pyro

Have you checked out the tutorials at the DJI support, DJI univesity? The app will probably prompt you on what to do as well. Good Luck

3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You have the option to fly as is or to update. Your choice. If you choose to do so follow the prompts from the app.

4. logbuilder

I updated all the firmware to most recent levels.

Question, does the P3 standard have an IMU that needs calibration like on the P3A?

5. RodPad

Yes, it is under sensors, when your are hooked to it, you use the App.

6. logbuilder

All calibrations done, IMU and gimbal. Wasted a lot of time with 'no signal' error. Had to link controller to P3 likely due to all the firmware updates that were done since it had been in box for a year. All seems to be looking good however with props off. Too dark to test outside. Will tomorrow and expect no problems.

Thanks for the help.