Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help on Cases

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by aka1ceman, Dec 2, 2015.

1. aka1ceman

2. Reed L

3. bbfpv

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Microraptor Pro cases are very nice (I own three). Another great option is the Go Professional case (I own this one too). While the quality is equal to the Microraptor Pro, it's a bit taller. For that reason, I'd pick the Microraptor Pro over it.

The Microraptor Pro and ToughCase are the same case. The difference is the interior design.

5. bluer101

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

I have one of these cases too. The case itself is nice, but I was not too impressed with the interior. The top layer of foam has a thin foam layer that is glued on. And, it just doesn't have a good fit and finish (on my case anyhow). I do have a pre-production version of the case, so I'm assuming the thin top layer is a normal thing they do.

The Microraptor Pro and Go Professional cases both have a solid top layer that is water cut. Here's a video that shows how they are made (skip to the middle):

Seachief likes this.
  7. davidg2918

Hey,

I can recommend this one, I use the same, very practial and there is enough place in the case, I simple love it and it also looks great. Not the cheapest, but 100% fit for your drone. :)

Buy Phantom 3 - Hardshell Backpack | DJI Store

David

8. Jedidroner

I ordered the Nanuk 950 with mine... Don't have it yet though, should be here tomorrow. we'll see

9. msinger

Approved Vendor

Please report back and let us know what you think. I'm interested to hear whether or not it's like my case.

10. stealthbomber

Jedidroner likes this.
  11. Jedidroner

I was really torn between that 945 and the 950... both look to be great, i hope i like mine as much as you do

12. chefcjones

Nanuk 950 Dji. Great heavy duty case perfect if u fly/travel with your drone. It is wheeled and has room for everything. Waterproof and it looks great.

13. bluer101

Nice to know the 945 is good. I thought about the 950 but I do not need the travel wheels and handle.

Love the yellow look but decided on black and going with a different white decal.

stealthbomber likes this.
  14. CasePro

Cases by Source offers Phantom 3 cases. Check out this one:

CasePro ELITE DJI Phantom 3 Drone Carry-On Hard Case - CPE-PHAN3-CO | Cases By Source

It has wheels and a handle, but it's still carry-on size, so you can take it on a plane. Also, you don't have to worry about the holes in the foam being random. You can customize the foam insert to fit whatever you want to put in there. This particular case also features the new RecoCell Foam, which cradles your drone and its accessories super gently, but also keeps them perfectly still inside the case so they don't get damaged.

15. Reed L

So do you really have to put the little blue foam pieces under the arms every time like it shows? :rolleyes:

16. russell9116

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1450474902.974690.jpg

I purchased this case and I am very happy with the quality and durability. This is basically a 5.11 backpack with very nice foam. It has a lot of optional storage as well that it is easily adaptable as carry-on luggage when you fly.