Help, New Previously owned 550 problem

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bit the bullet and jumped into a 550. I am having a problem getting the naza to talk to my computer so I can calibrate my Futaba radio with it. I bought the 550 after a test flight. The previous owner/builder removed his receiver, no big deal.
I installed a receiver and paired it to my Futaba. I plugged the naza into my computer to align everything. The software is asking for a serial #...???? Huh ? I then tried to use any one of the phantom assistant versions I have and still nothing. Nothing communicates with the 550. Yes, my computer is fine, it talks to my P2 just fine. I called DJI, and of course they had never heard of this, even though the naza software says call them. They sent me to the black [email protected] hole, Which I am sure I will never hear from.
So, anyone out there know a work around for this ? I am thinking of taking it out and buying a naza v2 so I will have osd and other capabilities.....

Thanks,

gecarey said:
Hi All,
I bit the bullet and jumped into a 550. I am having a problem getting the naza to talk to my computer so I can calibrate my Futaba radio with it. I bought the 550 after a test flight. The previous owner/builder removed his receiver, no big deal.
I installed a receiver and paired it to my Futaba. I plugged the naza into my computer to align everything. The software is asking for a serial #...???? Huh ? I then tried to use any one of the phantom assistant versions I have and still nothing. Nothing communicates with the 550. Yes, my computer is fine, it talks to my P2 just fine. I called DJI, and of course they had never heard of this, even though the naza software says call them. They sent me to the black [email protected] hole, Which I am sure I will never hear from.
So, anyone out there know a work around for this ? I am thinking of taking it out and buying a naza v2 so I will have osd and other capabilities.....

Thanks,

Make sure you have the right version of the software to communicate with the Naza. Once I registered my P2 I sign in with an email and a password and I have programmed several Naza units.
Also make sure you are getting a good connection to the LED. Some cables I have used just don't connect good.

Is it a regular NAZA v2, and if so are you using the NAZA Assistant software to try to connect? The NAZA itself will have a little serial number sticker on the side of it, the software should accept that.

I have tried all of the Phantom versions, and the non phantom NAZA software. I am running the Naza. not the v1 or v2, the basic naza. I Am thinking about just buying a new system and call it a day. DJI China seems to get back to me about once a week, and of course the rate the support for this is not available.....

Here's a list of all the NAZA versions that exist and the software needed to connect to each:

NAZA Lite - Red label that specifies "Lite" - NAZA Lite Assistant
NAZA V1 - Red label that just says "NAZA" - NAZA Assistant
NAZA V2 - Orange label that just says "NAZA" - NAZA Assistant
P2 NAZA - Orange label that says "Phantom" - Phantom Assistant

I get the impression the connection is good, you just need to get the serial number entered properly. Have you tried installing/running the software on a different PC? I really don't think you need to mess with replacing anything or waiting for DJI's help.

It turns out I had a V1 on this thing. I got tired of waiting for DJI China to reply, and figured it would be better to start fresh.
I just bought a V2, and got it all up and running, Nice to have a OSD. I just have to dial it into my T8J Futaba now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20