help new dji2 yellow lights with calibrate

Reaction score
Hi Lads so new here paint is still wet. I have tried all day to compass calibrate my dji phantom2.
it goes yellow ok, the first 360 and goes green, the on second 360 flashing yellow.
any help welcome lads glen25

Hello
Is it slow or fast yellow after calibration?
Slow, is ok , means you have not acquired enough sats, ( less than 6 ) to fly GPS mode, if you wait until 6 or more sats established, the yellow should go to a fast green ( home point recorded ) then slow green is ok to fly gps,

If fast blink yellow
Means your Tx is not bound to bird!
( or no Tx signal )

Let us know,
Ps it is always good to let bird startup, aquire sats and home point, before you attempt a compass calibration, as not to interfere with startup procedure!

J Dot
:cool:

Hi Lads so new here paint is still wet. I have tried all day to compass calibrate my dji phantom2.
it goes yellow ok, the first 360 and goes green, the on second 360 flashing yellow.

Hello
Is it slow or fast yellow after calibration?
Slow, is ok , means you have not acquired enough sats, ( less than 6 ) to fly GPS mode, if you wait until 6 or more sats established, the yellow should go to a fast green ( home point recorded ) then slow green is ok to fly gps,

If fast blink yellow
Means your Tx is not bound to bird!
( or no Tx signal ) Correct answer

Let us know,
Ps it is always good to let bird startup, aquire sats and home point, before you attempt a compass calibration, as not to interfere with startup procedure!

J Dot
:cool:

It is not necessary to wait for 6 or more satellites and home lock before calibrating the compass.

Look at 8.2 LED flight indicators at the bottom of page 35.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Also make sure that S1 (right switch) is the GPS position after flipping up/down when calibrating the compass. If this is a used P2 more then likely with setup in the Naza-M mode and the center switch position is ATTI and the LEDs well be yellow on completion of compass cal. In Phantom (beginners mode) there is no ATTI for the center position of S1.

Also make sure that S1 (right switch) is the GPS position after flipping up/down when calibrating the compass. If this is a used P2 more then likely with setup in the Naza-M mode and the center switch position is ATTI and the LEDs well be yellow on completion of compass cal. In Phantom (beginners mode) there is no ATTI for the center position of S1.

Hi Lads,
thanks for the feedback,
just went out tried 3 different spots about 100 meters apart, same as my garden, first set I get a green light, second 360 I only get a slow yellow blink, does this mean I can still fly but do not have a gps lock? ie not so safe to fly for a newbie? thanks glen

Is your remote controller in GPS mode, right hand top (S1) toggle switch on controller should be uppermost, middle position is ATTI and lower is what you set either failsafe or manual

Sent from my F5121 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Hi Lads,
thanks for the feedback,
just went out tried 3 different spots about 100 meters apart, same as my garden, first set I get a green light, second 360 I only get a slow yellow blink, does this mean I can still fly but do not have a gps lock? ie not so safe to fly for a newbie? thanks glen

Connect your P2 to it's software and look at the top banner like in this screenshot.
Upgrade Page_02.jpg

Does it say Phantom or Naza as in the above screenshot? The difference between the two modes is in Phantom (Beginners or Basic) the center position of S1(righthand switch) there is no ATTI even it is printed on the controller. That center position only supports ATTI if it is in the Naza (advance) Mode.

Being that are new to this and the P2 may be a used craft it may be in the the Naza mode by the previous owner. So when you toggle S1 5 or more times make sure you leave it in the uppermost position before starting the compass calibration. If S1is in the center position you'll go from a solid green to a flashing yellow when completing the compass cal.

Hi Jason, this is a brand new p2 from quadcopters, the stick is always top on gps mode, what I am after is the gps all green lights? so when I fly, any problems I can flick a switch and it come back? so do I need to pulg in my p2 update it and change it too naza?? so when I calibrate I get the green lights?

Hi Jason, this is a brand new p2 from quadcopters, the stick is always top on gps mode, what I am after is the gps all green lights? so when I fly, any problems I can flick a switch and it come back? so do I need to pulg in my p2 update it and change it too naza?? so when I calibrate I get the green lights?

Here is something I haven't considered connect the P2 to it's software and go into the tools tab an do an advanced IMU calibration. Do not check the IMU or do a basic cal just the advanced cal. Check the number in this screenshot.
Tools Tab (IMU Cal).jpg

The numbers in the Compass Mod should be between 1300 - 1600 an not under or over those numbers. This calibration should be done on a level surface. Once completed go outside an try the compass cal again.

Being that this i s a new craft have you even done a calibration of both the controller and P2? That is one of the first things that should be done before even trying to fly the craft.

Hi Jason, had a good chat with the shop today, told me later to do a IMU and software update , but for now just have some fun flying, he said I have done everything correct, the flashing yellow is to say I am done , however I don't have enough satellites , so while it is flashing yellow , place back on the ground and leave for a few minutes until green for GPS flying, did this and now it works fine. thanks all for your help, now doing some low slow stuff in the garden, will look into all the upgrade stuff soon. glen

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4