Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

HELP needed with Phantom 2 with gopro

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by yellowpup60, Aug 31, 2015.

1. yellowpup60

Can anyone tell me if a gopro 4 with the wifi and touch screen can be used on the phantom 2. I have a gopro 3 on it now but looking to upgrade that's why I ask. And if the 4 is ok to use then when installed do I leave the wifi on or will that inter fear with the flight? N e thoughts on this would be great thank u

2. 750r

Welcome to the forum .
    On the WiFi no your P2 flys on 2.4 and using WiFi could cause interference not good .
    Are you using a gimbal ?

3. yellowpup60

Yes I have the zenmuse 3d-h3 I just got the hole phantom I was flying it a few times with the gopro 3 because the fpv was static when it was flying so I was told to try a different camera. All help is appreciated

4. 750r

You where using the WiFi for fpv ?
    If so do not do that you need
    Transmitter (I use a immersion )5.8
    Receiver/ Monitor ( I use BP)5.8
    Iosd (not needed but recommended )
    Good set of antennas .
    Your cam should be fine I use the 3 , 3+ & 4 all with the same results . Like I said if your using wifi that is your problem .

5. CaptainCheap@ss

Keep the Hero 3 and spend the money on FPV. And stop using wifi as it is interfering with your transmitter connection.

6. yellowpup60

I do have fpv on it I guess my question is if I use the fpv and say I have the wifi on the hero 4 so I could use the gopro app on the phone to get pictures would they inter fear with each other I believe that's what I'm trying to ask cuz with the fpv I'm not able to take pictures on command and wanted that ability.

7. 750r

No not a good idea .
    You can set up GP to take pics and vid at the same time .
    Don't let that stop you if you want a 4 go for it it is a great cam just don't use WiFi ;)

8. kenjancef

First, what they are trying to say is that if the GoPro Wi-Fi is turned on, it will almost definitely interfere with you controlling the Phantom. The GoPro's Wi-Fi and the Phantom controller use the same frequency, so if you want to NOT loose your Phantom, you better keep the GoPro Wi-Fi turned off.

Second, if you are using FPV there is no reason to have the GoPro Wi-Fi turned on, it does nothing.

And as 750r said, set up the GoPro for Video+Photo. I just came in from a flight an hour ago with my Phantom set up that exact way. Works great...