Help Needed after series of crashes

Reaction score
Hi.
New to the board, I saw the thread on "Fell Out of Sky" .... this happened to me, also.... I posted there and it was recommended I start a new thread....

Background...
I managed to find out what happens when you walk behind your quad along a downhill path from your home point.... Failsafe mode. I fought like a devil to keep the unit down near me, and it wound up tumbling down hill, bending the gimble mounts badly. Well I fixed the mounts as best as may and, a few days later, flew again. This time , Shaky footage, now I had jello effect... Landed safely and adjusted the gimble again.

The next flight... I was taking off, straight vertical, gentle ascent, little to no wind. At 15-20' Bang... power off and the thing came straight down onto asphalt destroying the gimble. Merry Xmas to me :)
The unit no longer holds position in GPS mode, calm -no-wind.
Advanced Calibration of the unit and compass do not seem to be helping.

I am afraid to fly this thing right now.
Any input would be most helpful.

Thanks;
Glenn

Manicstarseed

if this is a brand new Phantom, go back to your vendor for being faulty. they'll want it back to analyze it, but you may wind up with a replacement.
If it's NOT brand new, have you been keeping up with firmware updates? sounds like you must have had the battery issue where it just shuts off that a few people had and again, product defect you may be able to go through your vendor for repair/replacement even if it's not brand brand new.

There's no reason it should have gone into failsafe mode simply flying around and you walking behind it (I've done this many times)... but if it did, it should have ascended to 20m AGL from home point, flown back home, and gently landed. what did it do exctly? just curious.

After a crash, you should fly it a few batteries to make sure it actually works. I wouldn't take it more than 5 feet up in the air - over the softest grassy field I could find.

I've seen a similar thing happen. First crash was just a user error. Second crash was just not testing and gently seeing if it actually still works. However, in the case I saw, the person was just hovering 4 feet in the air and flying just a little bit to see if OSD shows any problems. Then - plunk - no power into the grass. Broke the extended landing gear, but nothing else because the gimbal was not on. This is a flying machine. That's what happens when something fails and it is up to you to test slowly and meticulously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav