Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help! My Zenmuse Gimbal is unresponsive

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by benbNZ, Mar 18, 2014.

1. benbNZ

Hi Guys,

I stupidly just upgraded my Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal firmware to v1.8 despite the fact it worked fine and already had the firmware installed (I was just following the instructions after upgrading my RC firmware). I got the message saying the upgrade was successful but now my brand new phantom 2 has a limp and unresponsive gimbal. The phantom assistant now says I have no firmware and the upgrade fails every time I try to update it...

I'm so gutted as I just bought the machine & had it shipped to NZ.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

2. RUSHNREADY DJI

Do not panic this happened to me , right you have to download and install your RC assistant software and calibrate then do the same for the phantom assistant software then it will work

3. RUSHNREADY DJI

Do it in the opersit order i just said though sorry just checked it you have to do it in the assistant then the rc software

4. benbNZ

Thank you so much for your reply. So do I uninstall and reinstalls my assistant software and then try calibration? Also, do I have to reinstall my gimbal firmware?

My big concern is that in my phantom assistant software it shows that I have no firmware installed on my gimbal...

I'll try your suggestion when I get home, fingers are tightly crossed that it will work!

5. RUSHNREADY DJI

to be honest i cant remember if i updated my gimbal firmware myself or it does it automaticaly also in the phantom assiostant software make sure its switched on
    i think the firmware your talking about is the assistant firmware as i can not remember updating my gimbal. llet me know how you get on

6. benbNZ

No luck unfortunately.....

7. RUSHNREADY DJI

have you plugged the grey wires in properly ?

8. benbNZ

Yep, I haven't actually touched the gimbal since it stopped working. It was during the firmware upgrade that the problem occurred.

9. RUSHNREADY DJI

try doing it all again