Help my FPV setup please!

Reaction score
Details:
Boscam TS-353
Gopro Hero 3 Silver
Diversity RX LCD5802 - mounted on Phantom transmitter
stock antennas.

I'm trying a very basic setup in the house to confirm I have signal. Somethings not right. I cannot get any type of picture.

For the GOPRO hookup, I removed the red green and white cables from the connector like I've see/been told to do. Then connected ylw/ylw and blk/blk for the gopro cable. powered up using the phantom battery (have a whip extension)

The TX powers up, gets warm after a while.

What step am I missing? My gopro battery was low so I am attempting to fully charge that, but I'm not sure that would have the effect. Ive tried this both with the phantom tx on and off, still no change. Right now I have the Boscam TX set to CH4(1&2 white toggles up)and the RX set to receive on C-4

If I power the setup down while leaving the screen on it goes from black to static. So does this mean my gopro or gorpo cable is bad? Can I check this in any manner?

Yep, manually searched through and also had it automatically searched. Tried again with the rx removed from the phantom rx and it had no effect, still don't have a picture.

No, stock antenna is attached and always has been. To both the TX and the RX.

On the TS353, which way should the switches be to correspond to the CH designation. I'm assuming where is shows white is the location the switch should.

So for CH 4 I have 1&2 up and 3 &4 down. Receiver set to diversity CH C-4...black screen.

Thanks Ozzy, it helps some. So assuming the BOSCAM equipment is working, it is either my gopro mini usb cable or the USB connection of the GoPRO itself.

Will try the gopro in another friends FPV setup.

WIll report back once I do figure this out.

hey Jester. If you're not scared of a few solders, you shouldn't need any additional cables for the gopro at all. Do you have an iOSD Mini? this guide is quite useful for understanding how to wire up the FPV stuff internally.

I'm not sure if the gopro's USB output even works while it's in a dock/gimbal since it's outputting through the port on the back of the gopro, the part that attaches to the gimbal. You can tap into that video signal internally, as indicated in the video. basically you need the video signal and it's ground. those will correspond to the video and ground connections going in to the TS-353. you can remove all the other cables, just make sure you get the right ones!

Had a friend try my GoPro in his setup, and no dice. Apparently the USB/video out on my gopro is no good. Maybe from the crash? I don't know. Anyone know when the GOPRO4 comes out?? :roll:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers