Help me understand

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good about BH Photo. I ordered my Phantom 1 from them. I received it quickly and also got a free AA charger and 4 AA batteries for transmitter which the charger was bad and they replaced it immediately. Also got a free 2nd battery for quad. The quad came with spare props, charger etc. This stuff normally comes with the unit.
Now I see some of their adds on Phantom quads and the add says you are getting maybe $160.00 in free stuff like flight battery, 1 set of props, wrench etc, This stuff already comes with the quad, Why are they acting like they are giving you free extra stuff?. Every quad I have purchaced already came with spare set of props. I look at the "what comes in box" and it's only one set and one battery and like they are giving them to you FREE. What's this about? I do not like deceptive advertising.

Monte55 said:
I have heard nothing but good about BH Photo. I ordered my Phantom 1 from them. I received it quickly and also got a free AA charger and 4 AA batteries for transmitter which the charger was bad and they replaced it immediately. Also got a free 2nd battery for quad. The quad came with spare props, charger etc. This stuff normally comes with the unit.
Now I see some of their adds on Phantom quads and the add says you are getting maybe $160.00 in free stuff like flight battery, 1 set of props, wrench etc, This stuff already comes with the quad, Why are they acting like they are giving you free extra stuff?. Every quad I have purchaced already came with spare set of props. I look at the "what comes in box" and it's only one set and one battery and like they are giving them to you FREE. What's this about? I do not like deceptive advertising.

There is nothing deceptive that I can see on their website. On some packages they are offering an ADDITIONAL battery and ADDITIONAL set of spare props (that would be 4 more than in the box, for a total of 12). No mention of a wrench anywhere.

Where's the deception?

Monte55 said:
This stuff normally comes with the unit. Now I see some of their adds on Phantom quads and the add says you are getting maybe $160.00 in free stuff like flight battery, 1 set of props, wrench etc, This stuff already comes with the quad, Why are they acting like they are giving you free extra stuff?
B&H does NOT unbundle kits, unlike their competition. That is the most significant difference from them and the guys with the often changing business name down the street from B&H.

Are you certain it was a B&H ad that was saying $160 value for the included items?

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0 & H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro HERO Kit

Includes

Free

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery DJI Self-Tightening Propeller Set for Phantom 2 Vision (Part 3)

Total Value

$144.00

Kit Items Phantom 2 Quadcopter v2.0
Phantom 2 Remote Control (Part 13)

4 x Phantom 2 9450 Self-tightening Propellers (1 x CW and 1 x CCW Per Set; Part 12)

Landing Gear (Pair)

Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery

Phantom 2 Vision Battery Charger

USB Cable

Wrench

Limited 1-Year Warranty on Transmitter, MC, ESC, and Camera Only

It doesn't say additional battery or props

Looks like they are offering an extra set of props + and extra battery, normally cost about $140. The rest of the stuff listed comes standard with a Phantom including a little wrench and screwdriver. Never used either of them, use my own tools for comfort.

I think I am beginning to agree with Monte. Their website does make it look like he is getting a second battery and tools kit. If you click on "in the box" you get this:
Kit Items
Phantom 2 Quadcopter
6-Channel Transmitter (TX)
8 x Self-Tightening Props
Landing Gear (Pair)
Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery
Phantom 2 Vision Battery Charger
USB Cable
Wrench
Limited 1-Year Warranty on Transmitter, MC, ESC, and Camera Only

At the least, they should remove the confusing "$124 value" because it does sound like these are a bonus.

Perhaps they're following a wider campaign.

I bought one earlier this week. It was the P2V+ with extra battery. The distributor has a Christmas Special, offering an additional battery and set of props. So I have 3 batteries and 3 sets of props. It confused the retailer because they thought the extra set of props was 1 pair. I have the brochure from the distributor which says 2 pair, so the retailer came good with a full set.

But DJI also needs to change their parts list in the new manual.

In the manual, on pages 5 and 6, the parts list looks like a Phantom 1 list, not Phantom 2. Things in the list that were not in the box are: item 6 prop wrench and maintenance kit, item 8 AA batteries for RC, item 18 spare screws, item 19 landing pad.

Of all that is missing, I would like to have received the spare screws. I bought the prop guards, which use longer screws, and it would be easy to lose one of the shorter screws. I have no idea what else was in the original maintenance kit.

I used to purchase a lot from B&H, before I switched to another online retailer. I never had a bad experience, nor was there any deception.

What you stated, unfortunately does exist on the Internet and even retail stores. One example, charging a penny for a low cost product and then charging $9.95 in shipping per item. Some may not notice the shipping charges if one uses one click ordering. I reported the merchant and since no action was taken, it must be acceptable. I find it revolting.

But, back to B&H, I hold them in high regard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1