Help me understand the 550 Pilots Lounge

Reaction score
I see the need for a specific 550 forum to share info and thoughts. I just don't see how any one could follow a thread that is so open and non specific to owning and operating a DJI FW 550. Where do you join in at page 35 or 75? Maybe I am not seeing the big picture, help me understand.

Jim

Jim, I feel your pain, I only completed all 99 pages today myself (after three or four days of spare time reading). I'm getting the feeling that the FW550 has become quite popular and thus has developed a busy list. Perhaps one of the moderators on here could set up a specific FW550 page instead of having it in the "Everything Else" category where it seems to be living right now. With a hundred pages of posts since Feb I think we 550 enthusiasts can justify having our own branch of Phantom Pilots too.

Doug M
550 Newbie

There is a lot of specific 550 stuff in the other threads of the multi-rotor forum. The lounge is a general discussion area and, as such, it ends up being a lot of 'stream of consciousness' posts. It is getting big and there are lots of nuggets in there but isolating the 550 for its own forum probably won't fix that thread.

It helps to have kept up with it from the start and I feel your pain. Although I have kept up, I can't imagine trying to wend my way through it from the start. Some posts are repetitive (same question asked multiple ways) and others are irrelevant - it is just lounge talk with some great stuff thrown in.

Yeah, that thread kind evolved in to something beyond what I'd originally intended, and kind of just took a life of its own after that. This section ("Other DJI multi-rotors") is intended to be where you can post threads on any 550 question/issue/feedback/etc you have...I had created the pilot's lounge thread with the intention of it being a place for general chatter about the 550, rather than as a single point for all questions and discussion.

It is all good, I did read thru all the pages and found some great info. I do understand the threads initial reason for being. I would hope that the people who have some of that great info would post it in a new thread so that it was more searchable for finding knowledge as easily as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers