Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Help me to decide

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by t2adze, Jul 20, 2016.

1. t2adze

I have a brand new P3 Advanced + 2 batteries and hardshell backpack, with sunshade and other useful accesories.

I bought it over the internet, and if something happens to it i have to send it to Germany. Which is far away from my country and costs a lot to send it there and get it back(taxing) repaired in case something happens.

So i discovered there is this company in my city which sells Phantoms with 1 year warranty.
    They sell P3A for 960$ and P4 for $1500.

So i have two options

1) Sell my P3A with Everything for around 900$. Add another 600$ and get P4 from them.

2) Sell my P3A with one battery only (leave another one and backpack for me) for around 850$, (because ordering it from overseas will cost over 950$ to my country), and add another 100$ and buy new P3A from them.

Early or lately one day i am anyway plannong to move to P4.

I know decision is up to me to decide. But i would appreciate to hear fellow forum pilot thoughts as well :)

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Numone

Where is your country? And why are you already planning to upgrade to a P4? Seems like you're worried about an issue that probably won't occur. What happens if the P4 fails; won't you have the same issue?

3. dirtybum

Keep flying that one while you save up for your second Phantom of your choice. When you worry about crashing things before it even happens you're just " borrowing trouble" as the expression goes

Numone likes this.
  4. Numone

Exactly... I've had 155 flights on our P3 and it's fantastic. Just go enjoy your a/c....

5. MPPilot

If you are already planning to move to a P4 then I would say do it now if you have the extra cash. That's my two pfennigs.

6. t2adze

Country is Georgia.
    Why i think something can happej again is cause. Once i had ESC error. Had to send it to Germany and they replaced the drone for free but All this cost me 170$.

Recently the RC failed and they are sending me the extra one for free. So i just thibk having a company in my city responsible for the problem can b way better?

Maybe P4 is not an option yet cause i am low on budget now.

But what about the 2nd option? Makes sense right?

7. fastsmiles

Wait for the P5. In the mean time, save your money and enjoy the P3.

8. t2adze

P5 is far far away.

P4 is not an option yet.

But what about getting p3a with a warranty from local company?

9. happydays

It's a manufacturer's warranty not a dealer one. A dealer should treat you exactly the same way that he would if you had bought the unit from him. Providing your seller in Georgia is a DJI retailer then you can use him for any manufacturing defects.