Help me solve my Premiere Export Issue...

Reaction score
Hey fellow Droners,

Still pretty new to video editing and I use Premiere. The below video taken yesterday is some mixed clips just riding around the neighborhood with some different angles and you'll notice that especially the high altitude aerial shots are creating a slight flicker. Enough to make me dizzy.

The YouTube description gives some details but here it is again.

Resolution: 3840x2160 | Frame Rate: 30fps (also had manual shutter set to 60)
Edited: Premiere CC (only cut and added contrast enhancement | Exported: Youtube 4k preset

Issues: Evident flicker issue intermittent through video especially when higher. At first I thought this might be due to Auto WB being on but then noticed the original footage did not contain the flicker at all. This leads me to point the finger at my export setting. All files were same FPS & Resolution...

I imagine a few of you have experienced this. No I didn't bother searching the forums either cause I want to add to my post count (greedy pilot).

I had to research a bit on youtube how to export in Premiere. It's a learning curve or sure.

File > Export > Media...

Format: H.264

scroll down to video tab: Bitrate encoding: I do VBR 2 pass (higher quality)

Target Bitrate: 20
Maximum Bitrate: 25

I check maximum render quality.

EXPORT

It can take a little time to chug through many minutes of 4k video. but when I upload this to youtube, its great.

Reactions: BarryP
I had to research a bit on youtube how to export in Premiere. It's a learning curve or sure.

File > Export > Media...

Format: H.264

scroll down to video tab: Bitrate encoding: I do VBR 2 pass (higher quality)

Target Bitrate: 20
Maximum Bitrate: 25

I check maximum render quality.

EXPORT

It can take a little time to chug through many minutes of 4k video. but when I upload this to youtube, its great.

Awesome. I'll give that a try tonight. A little further research got me to the H.264, but that was about it.

Did you use any auto color,contrast, levels etc effects/filters? Flickering is a normal consequence of using them on a scenes where the lighting isn't constant. You will have to switch to manually adding effects.

If not, ive no idea whats wrong lol.

Did you use any auto color,contrast, levels etc effects/filters? Flickering is a normal consequence of using them on a scenes where the lighting isn't constant. You will have to switch to manually adding effects.

Yes, I did use an auto contrast effect on all the clips. I was thinking that mixed with the Auto White Balance could be the issue. Normally any video I film with my DSLR is always a set White Balance so I think the same needs to be done with this. I'm going to try 2 things. Rendering the same file but with the settings that Techno provided and also rendering a single clip the same way as yesterday minus the contrast effect.

Great, your suggestion was spot on... about the Contrast Effect. Just took the first clip of video that had flicker and rendered again and you'll see no flicker...

Now I need to try going outside with a white balance selected (not auto), go back to premiere add a contrast effect and see if that's exactly the issue. Gotta love trial and error! But no better way to embed something into your head!

Reactions: dan84uk
Great, your suggestion was spot on... about the Contrast Effect. Just took the first clip of video that had flicker and rendered again and you'll see no flicker...

Now I need to try going outside with a white balance selected (not auto), go back to premiere add a contrast effect and see if that's exactly the issue. Gotta love trial and error! But no better way to embed something into your head!

Same way i learnt lol

I usually set the WB manually on 5700 and if anything needs a tweak in Premiere later, it's easy enough especially using the Fast Color Correction eye dropper.

Thanks, after playing with it for a week with many exports it's evident it was the WB, I'll try out the 5700 setting, thanks for that tip. Will be easier for now than remembering changing the wb setting each time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4