Help me prep for another radio show

Reaction score
I've been asked to take some aerial video this Friday at a charity event (don't worry, I'm not getting paid, so save the sermons!). A local radio station will be doing a broadcast from the site as well, and I've been asked to come down to the station Thursday morning for an interview.

Obviously, I want to portray UAVs in the best possible light, so I'd like to be prepared somewhat. So I thought if I could come up with a handful of 'bullet points' it would help me.

So far, I have:

1. If you're considering giving someone a UAV for a gift, take into account their maturity.
2. If you receive a UAV as a gift, don't just run out into the back yard and take off. Read the manual, watch some YT tuts, ask questions at on-line forums.
3. Remember, you put it up in the air, so you're liable. Unless you have the ability to put it into orbit, it WILL come down sometime, somewhere.
4. Don't worry about all the 'advanced' features in the beginning. Learn the basics first, get comfortable with them, and slowly integrate the higher functions one at a time.
5. Flying for compensation requires a license.
999. Lastly, use just plain, common sense.....Overstate the obvious: Don't fly over crowds, don't fly over 400' AGL, maintain visual contact with the UAV at all times, and stay away from areas where flying is forbidden (airports, military installations, National Parks, TFLs, etc.).

Anything I should add between Nos 5 and 999?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj