Help me pls i lost my dji phantom

Reaction score
I used the manual mode phantom DJs and lost signal the helicopter he got away and I did not find, please help me with some advice after he loses radio signal he landed?

sorry to hear about your loss..... May I ask why you were flying in manual mode?

If your New to flying quads, you should never attempt to fly manual. Only when you've learned every other mode, exactly how they work and plenty of flying experience, then you can try it, but be ready to flip the switch back to ATT/GPS mode if things go wrong.

Yesterday all day I searched in vain, I have a question after helicopter loses radio signal from remote he lands,after how many feet loses signal? thank you

We lost ours and it was found about 1km from where we started. I was taking still images every second and on recovery it had reached a point, hovered for quite a time, then I feel as battery dried it safely landed in a tree, a bit of wind and it dropped to the ground. We put a notice in letter boxes in the area and an honest person called and we now have it back. Lots of lessons learnt!!

thank you for your answers, I give up I do not think you'll find it anymore :cry: ,he went too far and I have no idea where it landed, the problem is where he fell is only corn, If I know that fell from 1km away from where it took off but I do not know for sure

If it loses radio signal then it will automatically switch to RTH failsafe, flying manual mode out of sight is a huge risk unless using FPV and even then the moment something goes wrong you need to flick to GPS or ATTI modes. If you were flying in manual mode and lost sight its more likely it simply crashed rather then losing signal as once you lose orientation its impossible to fly manual mode blind. I have lost radio range only once at 880m away and have flown to just under 1km before without losing the radio.

When I lost range at 880m I was flying FPV and so I saw it lose input and then begin to fly home, if you weren't flying behind objects your unlikely to lose the radio inside 800m and I wouldnt think you would be anywhere near that range when flying manual mode. It would be pretty hard to fly out of range in manual LOS without crashing first as its pretty hard to get orientation spot on even 100m away which is critical in manual mode. In manual if you pitch too much in any direction it will dive and lose altitude and hit the ground which I think is most likely what happened to you.

If you aren't a master in Heli's or Manual quad flight then you really shouldn't be flying too far in that mode and I don't think anyone possibly could do so without FPV so sorry to say but I think you have learned a hard lesson. I hope you find it but look closer to where you last saw it, also depends on how high you were but it can travel a lot of ground pretty quick in manual so its going to be tough to find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl