HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I have been trying for over an hour to update my phantom 3 pro, but i can't unzip the P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.zip file for some reason, I'm using my macbook pro can any one help me please.

What message are you getting once you download the firmware? If you see the file with the .bin extension just drag and drop it to your sd card. No need to open the bin file. Your Mac should automatically unzip the file. If not you can download a free unzipping program.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This took me a few seconds to find...

How to zip files on a Mac: Unzipping
Extracting the files from an archive is as easy as double-clicking it - the files and/or folders will be deposited in the same location as the zip, and the zip can then be deleted. If the zip uses password protection you’ll be prompted via a pop-up dialog box.

I have Mac too and whenever I download a zip file, it automatically unzips it.

Please check the downloaded file extension, if it is .bin, you don't need to further unzip. It's already done by your dear Mac.

Else follow what tcope explained above.

Reactions: SCGENE
I have Mac too and whenever I download a zip file, it automatically unzips it.

Please check the downloaded file extension, if it is .bin, you don't need to further unzip. It's already done by your dear Mac.

Else follow what tcope explained above.

He's right!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for all that got back to me for some reason mine doesn't automatically unzip and I'm not the best with apple macs :(

When you download to your macbook, you should get a file that is PSX_FW_V01.07.0060.bin
Although it shows as a file with a zip running up it, you don't have to anything else with it.....just copy or drag it to the root directory of your card and put it in your Phantom and power it up.

YMMV but with my OS X 10.11 setup I downloaded it as .zip (I have Safari general prefs NOT to automatically open "safe" files so they don't automatically uncompress). YMMV but my default app to open .zip is the Archive Utility.app. So I double-click the .zip and it uncompresses to .bin. I copy that to the root folder of a SD card, pop it in the the P3P, power it and - boom, done - the FW should be updated.

Attachments

• p3p_fw_zip.png
    p3p_fw_zip.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 339
  • p3p_fw_bin.png
    p3p_fw_bin.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 341
I had the same problem updating with my Mac. After numerous attempts, I called DJI.

It was a quick call.

He said it was my IOS that was causing the problem by incorrectly unzipping. He suggested I stick the SD card with the file zipped into my bird. And of course that didn't work either.

I unzipped a fresh download using a program called Stuffit Expander (I suspect it's free but don't recall why I got it). The resulting bin file was slightly larger than the one that IOS unzipped... and it worked immediately to update my Phantom.

Who knows?

Sagebrush

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20