Help me order a another one...

Reaction score
I originally ordered two V+. I have the first one and love it. I have the second one going back because I want to get a better camera and gimbal (i.e. better gimbal that can be replaced and offer smoother operation, photos while videoing, etc.), and anything else I am not aware of. If you had it to do all over again how would you have done it? I have looked at DSLRPros.com and have thought about purchasing one of their packages.

I now understand the V+ can't be upgraded very easily and it may be better to order just a plan P2. Help me pick out the ultimate setup.

TIA

I'm not sure you have so many options that one would call something the "ultimate setup." As far as I know, you have the Vision Plus or the Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal. Is that what you're asking?

Walter said:
I originally ordered two V+. I have the first one and love it. I have the second one going back because I want to get a better camera and gimbal (i.e. better gimbal that can be replaced and offer smoother operation, photos while videoing, etc.), and anything else I am not aware of. If you had it to do all over again how would you have done it? I have looked at DSLRPros.com and have thought about purchasing one of their packages.

I now understand the V+ can't be upgraded very easily and it may be better to order just a plan P2. Help me pick out the ultimate setup.

TIA

Let's look at your setup. It is better than the Vision +. My main complaint with the V+ is I don't have as smooth a gimbal movement as I want and the camera is limiting for me. I guess I am saying give me a better gimbal, camera, range extender, FPV screen (no googles) and remote. I am clueless here but I know the V+ is great but still lacks a little for me.

Can you tell me more about your setup?

Two P2(v.1), H3-3D, GoPro3, IRC600mW, mini iOSD, Futaba R2008SB/T8J

If, when you say, "It is better than the Vision +" you are asking a question, I don't know if my setup is better than the Vision or not as I am not familiar with what it can and cannot do in depth. There are others that can better answer that question.

I can with my setup:
- shoot in various resolutions and frame rates
- get smooth footage from the H3-3D gimbal that rarely needs post stabilization.
- use goggles or a monitor to see what my camera sees at up to 1.3km under good conditions.

I do not use this feature but if I'm not mistaken, the Hero3 will allow you to snap stills while shooting video. That would require confirmation.

I cannot do what I suspect is one of the main attractions of the Vision, which is view video on a phone or tablet. For viewing I almost always use Fatshark goggles and have a small, Lilliput FPV monitor for clients. The use of one or the other is virtually universal when using a Phantom 2 with FPV. There is no option to get signal to a mobile device that I know of, although Teradek Clip might be worth investigating.

Most of what appears in my reel, linked in my signature, was shot with the GoPro Hero3 Black and H3-3D gimbal and was not stabilized. A small minority are from the H3-2D gimbal and were stabilized, and one shot (the truck going over the bridge) was shot with the H3-3D and required a bit of stabilization because I was flying at full speed and the gimbal can shake a bit when you do that.

Walter said:
Let's look at your setup. It is better than the Vision +. My main complaint with the V+ is I don't have as smooth a gimbal movement as I want and the camera is limiting for me. I guess I am saying give me a better gimbal, camera, range extender, FPV screen (no googles) and remote. I am clueless here but I know the V+ is great but still lacks a little for me.

Can you tell me more about your setup?

Two P2(v.1), H3-3D, GoPro3, IRC600mW, mini iOSD, Futaba R2008SB/T8J

Odd you should mention dslrpros. I was virtually in the exact same position but I threw in a F550 in the mix as well. I received my Cannes kit today from dslrpros. It has everything a guy could ask for! I have no relationship with dslrpros.......all I can say is call them. Great to work with and (in my one call today to ask a question) great tech support. Some may say they might be a little more expensive, but for me, service is worth a price.

Walter I can also vouch for DSLRpros. I agree that service is worth a price. You can definitely save a little bit by ordering from a different company but good luck with questions after the purchase. I went with the slightly cheaper Sundance kit and have loved every bit so far. My craft had a bad update on Sunday and stopped working completely. I called first thing monday morning (8 am central time) and was immediately patched into a techy who got her back up and running pretty quick. No complaints here!

Thanks. I believe when you spend this kind of money, service counts.

I'm looking for a better Remote for more range, a GoPro, screen, and maybe the anti gravity motors.

Not sure where that falls in the kits.

Can anyone tell me if you can trigger a photo via the remote while flying?

These kits come with futabas so this is a great choice when it comes to remote. When you say screen, are you talking about a FPV monitor? These kits also include that. I would buy a gopro from BestBuy and opt-in to the service warranty. You could drop this thing out of the sky and go ask for a brand new camera.. good luck asking for a new phantom lol.

Yes, the screen they include was what I was referring to.

Can you give a realistic flight time with this setup compared to the V+?

The GoPro is very attractive and I have always wanted one. I was hoping for remote photo ability but I'm not sure if that is possible.

I've never really calculated an average flight time.. I will start doing that and let you know. You can set the gopro to take pictures during video every so often ( I think its 1 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec) or something similar. I would say go with the P2 over the PV+ but thats only cause every time I see a video I can tell its filmed with a + vs a gopro and its very noticeable.

I think I will go with the GoPro. There is no denying the quality. The V+ is great out of the box but I need another level up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4