Help Me on this new journey

greeetings greetings GREETINGS...

first off thanks again from all the tips.

i'll have to hunt down a windows machine. it could most likely be my pararell device and the usb issues but once the monitor arrives i'll revist this.

i'm currently in jamaica and debated if to carry it...well i did lol.
i found an open field, in this case it was a tennis court. my first flight didnt go too well. lol. i totally was too deliberate in my button pushing and sky rocketed the drone..lost all kind of orientation, tried to bring it back and couldnt. it flew over the tennis fence, over some buildings, into the front lobby. as i ran around the corner only to see the security guard picking it up very cautiously. no one or anything was hurt fortunately because some high end cars were parked out front. the security guard said (in his jamaican accent "thought america send this fe we") lol..

anyways..
i didn't want to fly it after that. but with a litte pep talk i tried it again. i have to say after you start it and start getting throttle that sound is a very intimidating one. but long story short, i stayed out there for about 1.5 hrs (or until all batteries were exshausted) and i started only flying it very low, i mean as low as the tennis nets, then as i got more and more comfortable i went higher and higher. it was so much fun and addictive.i'm definitely more comfortable flying, just need to get familiar with the different orientations.

thanks again

hello.
so my boscom monitor finally arrive. after a month. after setting everything up im only seeing the mini iosd info on the monitor but no picture. im not sure what i may have done incorrectly. if anyone can shed some light i'd love to look into it

could be something as simple as the gopro not turned on, or something more serious like a cabling problem prior to the iOSD mini... obviously the connection from the iOSD to the transmitter is OK.
did you purchase/use a pre-made cable to hook the Phantom board, iOSD and transmitter all together?

yay! congrats glad you got it sorted out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers