Help me just got my phantom today

Reaction score
I just got my phantom vision plus today and I'm new to all this here are some things I can't find any answer for

1. Then I hook my dji up to computer not camera port I notice my gimbal got really hot like I mean hotttt ? Is this normal ?
2. When not flying copter but turn on with plastic thing that protects the gimbal that it comes with is this ok or with it mess my gimbal and cam up ?
3. Main problem is how do I get my windows Xp home to recognize the phantom ? It keeps showing by the clock that it's not recognized and I have the assistant software installed

Please can anyone help me quick it's nite but it's going to rain next to days I live in tujunga and I'd like to see this in the air
I just got it today and charged everything up

Thanks in advance I've seen a lot of good people here helping people

Iabove said:
I just got my phantom vision plus today and I'm new to all this here are some things I can't find any answer for

1. Then I hook my dji up to computer not camera port I notice my gimbal got really hot like I mean hotttt ? Is this normal ?
2. When not flying copter but turn on with plastic thing that protects the gimbal that it comes with is this ok or with it mess my gimbal and cam up ?
3. Main problem is how do I get my windows Xp home to recognize the phantom ? It keeps showing by the clock that it's not recognized and I have the assistant software installed

Please can anyone help me quick it's nite but it's going to rain next to days I live in tujunga and I'd like to see this in the air

What version of assistant software did you install and did you extract it all?

Ok I got the phantom to update and everything but now I'm not sure does the wifi extender get a update to also and the gimbal heating up is that normal

Btw anything I miss ? I will be flying tomorrow if weather don't crap on me so please any heads up or pointers and things to do before I fly anything from you experts please help me out I don't want to have any flyaways I'll be getting a GPS tracker soon

Ok and I have not done the phantom dance yet but I did notice only 2 green lights are on when do the other lights come on on the phantom I'm talking about the lights under each motor ?

You shouldn't leave the gimbal lock on while turning the Phantom on. The gimbal motors do get pretty warm under normal operation, but they shouldn't be getting uncomfortably hot.

And you seem to have figured this out: you install the WIN drivers before hooking the Phantom up to the computer.

Thanks guys for heads up

I try to calibrat my phantom but at the end it gives me red yellow green blinking
And when I try to start up motor with both sticks down the motors don't spin up

It's red green yellow
On assistant software I unlock the naza mode
Also the motor not spinning up any help on what I'm doing wrong or missing ?

Iabove said:
Also iphone app say imu calibration help

Plug it back in to the USB and do the advanced IMU calibration. You should really read the whole manual before you fly.

There could be many reasons why the copter won't start. If you read the manual, you'll see what most of them are. If it's not any of those, get back here are let us know.

Iabove said:

1 did you remove the gimbal protector? If not, it will cause heating.

2. I think if power on and not remove, it will cause gimbal to heat up. I don't think that is a good thing.

3. Did you install the driver first?

MrC said:
When you tried to calibrate and it gave you red green yellow, what did you do exactly?

Dude you guys are great my motors spin up everything seems great any other advice you can give me on other setting on the assistant program like gain and yawn stuff and like the gimbal settings

burlbark said:
Iabove said:
Also iphone app say imu calibration help

Plug it back in to the USB and do the advanced IMU calibration. You should really read the whole manual before you fly.
Thanks bro that help me got it all set
You have any recommend for pitch gain yawn all that stuff and gimbal setting ??

Still raining here hard can't fly yet but getting all this set to fly when this **** rain stops

Default settings are okay. Just start flying, enjoy and practise your flying skill before you start playing with the setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl