Help Me Decide Phantom 3 standard or Hudsan 501s

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post. I have been wanting a good drone for a long time now. I was going to buy the phantom 4 but then I saw all the info on the Mavic and decided to buy it instead. My retailer just called me and told me to buy the mavic on the DJI site instead because they are shipping faster than there than their retailers.

So I have no idea when I am going to get my Mavic but I do have one coming so please keep that in mind.

So I have decided i can't wait anymore so should a buy a phantom 3 standard for the $399 or a hudsan 501s for $250?

The reason I like the hudsan is that it has a screen built into the remote and it's cheaper. I know the the phatom is better but I am worried about my Galaxy S7 working on the phantom 3. What do ya'll think I should do I am ready to buy today.

Well for starters the DJI Phantom 3 has a better camera and a gimble. the 501s doesn't. If you are into range than the 501s has the standard beat by a long shot or atleast what ive seen from videos. But that's the only thing I feel like the 501s has over the standard.

They both have follow me modes but the standard will do them smoother because of the gimble where the hubsan will be shaky.

Hi this is my first post. I have been wanting a good drone for a long time now. I was going to buy the phantom 4 but then I saw all the info on the Mavic and decided to buy it instead. My retailer just called me and told me to buy the mavic on the DJI site instead because they are shipping faster than there than their retailers.

So I have no idea when I am going to get my Mavic but I do have one coming so please keep that in mind.

So I have decided i can't wait anymore so should a buy a phantom 3 standard for the $399 or a hudsan 501s for $250?

The reason I like the hudsan is that it has a screen built into the remote and it's cheaper. I know the the phatom is better but I am worried about my Galaxy S7 working on the phantom 3. What do ya'll think I should do I am ready to buy today.

You're asking guys on a Phantom forum if you should buy a Phantom?

You Suzuki guys... :D

I'm pretty sure everyone on here will tell you get the Phantom!

It's like apples and oranges to the Mavic, anyways

If he wasn't picking between the two I would tell him to get the hubsan over something else because it is a good bird but I just think the camera and gimble put the standard over the edge between picking the two.

If he wasn't picking between the two I would tell him to get the hubsan over something else because it is a good bird but I just think the camera and gimble put the standard over the edge between picking the two.

I dont think anyone would tell him to get the Hubsan...

LOL suzuki rock :D

I know the phantom is better but is it $150 better since it doesn't have a display screen built in on the controller

I know the phantom is better but is it $150 better since it doesn't have a display screen built in on the controller
Depends what you want to do with it. Do you want to fly your drone for distance then no the phantom isn't the best if you want out of the box performance. The hubsan beats it on range but yes its better if you want to use it to take better quality video.

If you have a cellphone you have your screen, even cheaper straight talk phones work.

also is the phantom as nimble as the hudsan as far spirited flying?

No not even close, the Phantom isn't a drone that you use for spirited flying, its a camera drone so you can take better video.

The main problem seems to be that you can't wait to get Mavic and therefore looking for an alternative. My suggestion would be to order Mavic and go for a $30 drone for the time being. You will have best of the both sides: you will get Mavic and not lose much during wait time.

Having patience and taking sound decisions are two important keys of any success.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They DO rock.... the only one I ever had was a SV1000 which was a little bit of let down. Good motor, fantastic chassis but every other component on the bike was junk. I didn't want a full on GSXR though...replaced it with a Speed Triple and am very happy.

As far as the two quads - they are kind of apples and oranges. Choose which one works better for you.

Hell go get a car full of Syma X11's!

The main problem seems to be that you can't wait to get Mavic and therefore looking for an alternative. My suggestion would be to order Mavic and go for a $30 drone for the time being. You will have best of the both sides: you will get Mavic and not lose much during wait time.

Having patience and taking sound decisions are two important keys of any success.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
lol patience is RAN out. I have been waiting so long to buy a good drone and then decide on P4 then find out about the mavic. Then I pull the trigger on it and now nobody knows when they are going to ship it. I want to fly now or at least in a couple of days. I want one good drone like the mavic for pictures and video and cool follow me stuff and then another drone for spirited flying but still had FPV. Is the Hudsan the best for that or is there some fpv racing drone that would be more fun for the same price?

@gixxerbill coworker of mine bought one NIB of off CL yesterday....Im lookin at it right now

they are out there

Yeah, Mavic Pro. I'm holding the remote - which is freakin cool.
I know I can't wait to get it. But I bought it for 999 when craiglist greedheads wanted 1600 for it. So I went ahead and bought the hubsan to hold me over til I get the mavic.

I just bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard about 2 months ago. It's really nifty and for the most part does it's job well. I've also owned some hubsan models but not yours in particular. Here's my full comprehensive review about if the DJI Phantom 3 Standard is worth it:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj