help me buy the right drone

Reaction score
Is the phantom 3 advanced, or phantom 3 professional the drone for me? I am looking to be able to travel up to 1mile away, have clear video feed, and to attach a drop & release mechanism that can carry a payload of 1.5-2lbs. If not, what do I need to do this. [email protected]

Not a phantom of any line.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, seems like you need some sort of custom build.

Flying over the wall to Mexico, picking something up and flying back. I wonder if the Cartel has done this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In reality P3 is not designed to carry a load, landing gear is too weak and there is not place below the P3 to accommodate large volume below the shell. Also there is no dropping mechanism.

The standard might be the best option within the phantom line I think. It has slightly more flight time and roughly the range you are looking for.

You might be able to lift it with an Inspire 1. I also came across this 3D printed device that can be used to drop things by simply raising the landing gear:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd get a Standard to do coke runs. That way if it gets shot down, you aren't out as much. Definitely don't go with an Inspire. The Standard is slightly lighter and flies for about 25 minutes. I have not tested both to see which one flies longer but I'm pretty sure the Standard does. Although, I would be a little leery of going a mile with it. Good luck.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to YouTube but here's one of a P3 lifting 800+ grams.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have tried to lift 2 stock batteries 730grams with similar performance characteristics.

That didn't seem to go too well. That bucket was swinging all over the place.

The Phantom is not designed to add weight. So any type of load carrying is gonna put you on the edge of disaster. Could burn up the motors. I don't know how the battery reacts but obviously it would eat into the flight time. My advice is, use the Phantom for filming unless you have FU money and just want to **** around.

Reactions: Procharged97
I'd get a Standard to do coke runs. That way if it gets shot down, you aren't out as much. Definitely don't go with an Inspire. The Standard is slightly lighter and flies for about 25 minutes. I have not tested both to see which one flies longer but I'm pretty sure the Standard does. Although, I would be a little leery of going a mile with it. Good luck.
My P3S goes over a mile no problem

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.