Help me! At Apple store running through their inventory. This is unreal.

Same here, got mine from DJI yesterday, the version that has marks on the skids to help with attaching the gimbal clamp
The stickers fall off. But there were none there at all.

To be clear, I could not care less about the stickers, I just am wondering what I am getting.

They can only download apps to their computers and even then there is like one person with the passcodes to do it.

Nobody in the store has the Apple ID to test another iPad.

As it stands, there is a VERY BAD run of P4 running around in this wave. My first one worked and works great but I just went throug, count them, 5 different units until I found one that just got me back to the point where the Mini still won't connect but I am at a complete loss as to what that is.

The whole inventory at the Beverly Center (and we looked under the handle) to see if it had the sticker , none did.

Also not where the bats are to be held there is an extra piece of styraphom me to put on top of them but ther are zero stickers.

By the way people, the orange sticker on the gimbal is definitely NOT a sticker and should not come off. It's there for anti-static. Of course DJI, doesn't tell you this anywhere including in their "manual".

I was just done and said just return it and he said just take it home and try to figure it out with the mini, I'll check the range on the iPhone.

I'm thinking there is a setting in my account or something because it's doing it with several different birds.

Anyway, before I could get back to square one where the mini doesn't work but the iPhone does, I had to go through an unreal amount of P4s. I could elaborate on the OP but the fact is one screeched so loud people in a loud Apple Store turned their heads. And then one had a stuck card in it. NONE had the Lexar but the lesser rated Sandisk Extreme and one with an unnamed Panasonic. It's truly unreal.

The dude that helped me so much begged me to go try and after all his help I couldn't say no but until someone tells me why the Mini won't work with it, I'm just gonna let it sit in the box until I either return it or go get a new iPad (they said I could exchange it for the pro 9.7).

My theory is these are returbs because they are GETTING A LOT of returns but the other side of the coin is that the P4 is BY FAR DJI's most commercially successful UAS.

Odd that it could also be their undoing as the person that buys the one with the screech, if they don't know, they fly it for a month or so and it will lock up.

The one I currently have had a major horizon issue before my calibs but that fixed it all.

Now I want to not look at a UAS until my next "have to". I have zero faith in this right now. Again, expect problems with early adoption but this is just nutty.
Sorry, what do you mean it won't bind? Is it perhaps the cable your using causing you the issue? have you tried a different cable?

Can you not try linking it to your phone rather than ipad 2 mini?

Have you completely deleted the DJI go app from your ipad and turned your ipad off and on and then reinstalled?

Really doesn't make sense that it wont "bind". Does it say controller not connected? or unable to activate or whats the actual issue?

I wonder if apple have a special warehouse for all the returned P4s.

I know there is a lot of frustration, but being apple they will be able to make waves and heopfully get DJI to pull their heads in and sort it all out.

Your probably better buying in a months time when all the bugs are sorted out, or the Phantom 4 v2 which will come with a 360 obstacle avoidance and more powerful motors.

I wonder if apple have a special warehouse for all the returned P4s.

I know there is a lot of frustration, but being apple they will be able to make waves and heopfully get DJI to pull their heads in and sort it all out.

Your probably better buying in a months time when all the bugs are sorted out, or the Phantom 4 v2 which will come with a 360 obstacle avoidance and more powerful motors.
According to the people I'm speaking to at Apple, they are not getting a lot of returns and they are flying off the shelves. But for instance the one that had the loudest gimbal screech I ever heard today might be bought, flown by a novice for a couple months and BAM, RMA, or worse.

Either way, I don't buy new broken products. The first one again, totally fine. Every single one after that has been a disaster. Hopefully the one I currently have is good and I can figure out what the Mini issue is.

Sorry, what do you mean it won't bind? Is it perhaps the cable your using causing you the issue? have you tried a different cable?

Can you not try linking it to your phone rather than ipad 2 mini?

Have you completely deleted the DJI go app from your ipad and turned your ipad off and on and then reinstalled?

Really doesn't make sense that it wont "bind". Does it say controller not connected? or unable to activate or whats the actual issue?
Oh yeah man. I SPENT HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS over the weekend trouble shooting. You are talking about abc and I was past XYZ. I like to fix things myself and I really really tried but this was just not happening.

When I say "bind" I really just mean that the iPad Mini 2 that I own which was working fine before now doesn't see the aircraft. It says "how to connect", and with a couple of the birds today said "camera" but not the "aircraft connected" which if you remember was my original problem as it disconnected in mid flight. The current bird I have works with my iphone (dont know how well because I havent flown it and dont know if I will TBH) but not my Mini. I think the issue is some strange thing that is very non-obvious thing. Has to be. There is nothing wrong with the iPad as far as I can tell. I did not have them run a diagnostics on the iPad today I just realized which is a couple shades away from moronic.

You probably got the one I returned....bad usb port and wud not communicate to update firmware.
You mean all of them?

I can say with authority now, having updated firmware on SEVERAL, including friends, mine, the ones today, that NONE of them are not wonky when it comes to the firmware upgrade. I got lucky once I think on one try.

calm.png

Thread cleaned.​

You probably got the one I returned....bad usb port and wud not communicate to update firmware.
I thought I saw a post from you saying "I like refurbs and I got what I wanted" but, and I think I already said this, I like refiurbs because they are massively tested but if these are refurbs and I believe they are, they were DEFINITELY not rigorously tested.

For example, if you get an Apple refurbished product, you can bet it has been brought to spec, tested and re-tested. I had a "brand new" Phantom 4 today that out of the box had a generic SD card that was stuck in the bird. We didn't even have to go any further on that one. So yes, I don't mind refurbs, and anyone that works in engineering electronics will tell you that refurbished products are usually better put together than the factory line products.

If these are refurbs, not the case. It might just be that they ran out of Lexars and are changing the packaging.

It's all so scary. I am now going through the process of trying to get a new Phantom because I have a squealing gimble on startup, it doesn't seem to affect things and the Phamtom flies fine otherwise. Now I'm scared that if I do get a replacement it could be worse than the one I have. Poor thoughts to have when you should be exchanging for something brand new and defect free.

There are stickers on the case (or were) and on all the cams, the CA, VPS and now there seems not to be. Either they are packaging differently or they are refurbs and this is how they pack returbs. They should not sell refurbs as new though.
Thanks,
I don't think they stop or refurbished since mine didn't have stickers other that the ones in arms and the main camera. None in CA or VPS. And I preordered mine from DJI store way before the launch.

Good luck man!

They are made in China and likely at several locations with different assembly contractors.
I said likely cause I don't have facts but the differences mentioned are not surprising if you have ever been involved with China's manufacturing industry.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I think that the obsession with whether it has all possible stickers is misplaced. Mine shipped the first week direct from DJI, and only had a couple of stickers on the CA sensors, plus the sticker on the gimbal. That is clearly nothing to do with static, either, since it is plastic covering a polymer part, and presumably would not have an orange pull tab if it were meant not to be removed.

I'm waiting for V2. I returned V1 from DJI unopened because of the unrelenting issues associated with this new release!

I'm waiting for V2. I returned V1 from DJI unopened because of the unrelenting issues associated with this new release!

I think that you are getting a misleading impression of the extent of the problems from a small, vocal minority who are actually having issues, many (though not all, obviously) of which are easily fixed simply by following instructions.

Mine had no CA stickers, direct from dji.
The primary issue is the OPs mini 2 iPad doesn't connect to the bird.
It sounds like the iPad was used with another bird previously. That may be the issue. I had a similar problem where I could not use one iPad to connect to two different birds, a P3 and a p4. I had to delete the existing go app and reload go, then it worked with the P4. Has anyone else flown two birds with one iPad?

I needed a good reason to buy an air2, so that was my solution. I use my mini 2 with my p3 and the air 2 with my P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie