Help Linking remote to DJI Go App

Reaction score
Good afternoon

I need some assistance getting my remote to connect to the Go app. I did have a crah about a month ago, but have gotten everything fixed as far as I can tell. Ever since the crash I have had no luck getting the remote to connect to the app. I can fly the aircraft manually but have no connection to the app. I have tried everything I could find in the forum and through a google search with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Try a different device. Same thing happened to me after an update and now I can only use vertical studio on that tablet. Go will not display a video feed. Called DJI and they said the last update has issues with some chipsets.

Works fine on my phone though.

Thanks Henick, I tried a different device and had the exact same results as before. I am open to any other ideas.

Thanks

I'd be checking the ribbon cable on the camera then. It's easy to damage and comes off easily after a crash. Google a video.

I'd be checking the ribbon cable on the camera then. It's easy to damage and comes off easily after a crash. Google a video.

I replaced that also with a brand new cable, I will double check it when I get home but I think it is fine.

Thanks for the continued help.

So your device see's the WiFi from the remote and connects to it? But the app doesn't?

OK, so your device is connecting to the remote. Your remote is not connecting to the phantom, try re-linking remote and phantom, I understand the WiFi comes from the plate of the gimbal and or the camera, that would point back to the ribbon wire area.

OK, so your device is connecting to the remote. Your remote is not connecting to the phantom, try re-linking remote and phantom, I understand the WiFi comes from the plate of the gimbal and or the camera, that would point back to the ribbon wire area.

But the remote is connected to the phantom, I have full flight control. I can turn the motors on, and the throttle up and down just like I would expect them to. It just does not connect to the device.

But the remote is connected to the phantom, I have full flight control. I can turn the motors on, and the throttle up and down just like I would expect them to. It just does not connect to the device.
Is the remote control light green, red, or flashing?
This is what I think, you are not receiving signal back for Phantom.
Lost signal (but not really)

Sorry I thought you'd said it was paired. (You had control) That light should be green. I am not sure why it would work at all if it is red. First try to re-pair in the go app.

If that doesn't work force it by powering up the drone then clicking the 2nd button on the VPS module. The light starts blinking. Then hold c1+c2+play+right shoulder click wheel then power on the rc to force pair.

Then try again.

If that doesn't work you can try to downgrade/upgrade the rc firmware and try again.

If that doesn't work you send both the bird and rc to DJI for repair and they can test it before it leaves.

Sorry I thought you'd said it was paired. (You had control) That light should be green. I am not sure why it would work at all if it is red. First try to re-pair in the go app.

If that doesn't work force it by powering up the drone then clicking the 2nd button on the VPS module. The light starts blinking. Then hold c1+c2+play+right shoulder click wheel then power on the rc to force pair.

Then try again.

If that doesn't work you can try to downgrade/upgrade the rc firmware and try again.

If that doesn't work you send both the bird and rc to DJI for repair and they can test it before it leaves.

Thanks Henick, what buttons are "c1+c2+play+right shoulder click wheel". My RC does not have a play button or a right shoulder click wheel either. (I don't have it in front of me now but I am pretty sure it does not have them). It is a P3 standard remote.

I have tried pairing it many times with no luck but I will give this a try one I know what buttons you are specifically talking about.

Then try again.

This doesn't sound like instructions for a Standard?

So does everything go as the list?
I don't know what happens when it fails.

#6 The remote power light will be red, when linked it will turn green, then a few seconds later the light on the Phantom will go to solid green.

Remote stays red, Phantom stops blinking and then goes solid red?

So does everything go as the list?
I don't know what happens when it fails.

#6 The remote power light will be red, when linked it will turn green, then a few seconds later the light on the Phantom will go to solid green.

Remote stays red, Phantom stops blinking and then goes solid red?
No it just keeps beeping and never turns to green, just stays a constant red. I let it go for about five minutes.

No it just keeps beeping and never turns to green, just stays a constant red. I let it go for about five minutes.
Thanks, that is what I needed for my notes, looks like Jerry never said what he did.

Added:
He hasn't been on since the May 14th.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry again I assumed the adv/pro force pair. Standard is here
Phantom 3 Standard-Remote Controller - DJI Wiki

Turn on the aircraft and press the Link Button. The button will blink red when the aircraft is ready to link.
2. Switch on the remote controller, turn the gimbal dial to the far left, and toggle the S2 switch back and forth quickly for at least three times. You will hear a pulsating beep sound when the remote controller is trying to link to the aircraft.
3. The remote controller will stop beeping and the Link Button on the aircraft will turn solid green if linking is successful.

Quick comment because you seem to have tried this already... make sure your bird is ready to pair by following the order above closely else the remote will keep blinking like you are experiencing.

Other than that you can try downgrading and linking again but call DJI and they can walk you through it because if it doesn't work you need to send it away and they'll make you do that on the phone with them before sending the RMA auth anyway.

If you're in warranty that is.

Edit: one more thing also... I guess with 1.8 some standard users are saying reinstall the go app then try to pair again and have been successful. Try that.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31