help just lost my pv2+ vers 3.

Reaction score
My bird just flew away. I was recording at the time. How does "Find my Phantom vision" work?
no time now to discuss why or how. What options do I have?
help ASAP.

vinnyvetere said:
My bird just flew away. I was recording at the time. How does "Find my Phantom vision" work?
no time now to discuss why or how. What options do I have?
help ASAP.
The only way the find my phantom will work is if you're in TX/wifi range. Start heading in the direction it went and leave your tx and wifi on with the phone or tablet connected and pray you regain contact before the battery is completely dead! Good luck!!

Happened about 2 hrs ago. I'm sure the battery is dead. How does the find my phantom vision plus work. Is it accurate?

vinnyvetere said:
Happened about 2 hrs ago. I'm sure the battery is dead. How does the find my phantom vision plus work. Is it accurate?
It will only show you the last known location when it had contact with the tx and wifi. As soon as it breaks connection it stops tracking....
Did you put your contact info on it?? Hopefully if someone finds it you have a chance they'll contact you.

Are you in your app now in find my Phantom ?
ADDED / Are you looking at a screen like this ?

Attachments

• IMG_0675.PNG
    IMG_0675.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 757
This just turns my stomach when this happens! My Flytrex can't get here soon enough!!

You might want to put out a general location of where you're located if you don't have any luck finding it. Who knows if one of your fellow flyers might be in your area. Then again that could also backfire. Not everyone is honest. Either way, good luck!

Thanks for your help. I definitely lost contact with it and I tried to make it come home. It says it was but was getting further away. I did have the home lock set with quick flashing green lights. Find my phantom vision says it's in the ocean when I know it flew in different direction. I am going to go out again and search with binoculars and see what happens.

Thanks dirtclod.
yes that is the screen I see and the red dot is abut 1 mile into the ocean. Just want to know if that was accurate. It wasn't flying towards ocean but we were near the beach . About 2 blocks away.

Just had this to happen to me a month ago and when I lost my connection that's where the pin showed . That's not were I found it as it did hit RTH and was comeing back and had a battery issue and auto landed . I did find it .

vinnyvetere said:
Thanks dirtclod.
yes that is the screen I see and the red dot is abut 1 mile into the ocean. Just want to know if that was accurate. It wasn't flying towards ocean but we were near the beach . About 2 blocks away.
The dot is where you lost connection or something is way off !

dirkclod said:
vinnyvetere said:
Thanks dirtclod.
The dot is where you lost connection or something is way off !
+1!

jasonnelson007 said:
If budget allows. Flytrex is the way to go.
Do you have to be in an area with cell coverage? If you fly to another country, I'm guess you hope you're roaming?

djsydvicious said:
jasonnelson007 said:
Do you have to be in an area with cell coverage? If you fly to another country, I'm guess you hope you're roaming?
Yes. Or if in another country you could probably just buy one of their Sim cards with a small data plan. best part is it marks your location about every 1-2sec so even if battery dies you still know where it is.

djsydvicious said:
jasonnelson007 said:
Cell coverage is the key. Many places I fly don't have any coverage regardless of which provider's SIM card used.

Most providers have "expected coverage" maps so with a pocket full of cards you could travel internationally and connect to flytrex as long as you have service.

To the OP, welcome to the forum!
Hopefully you find your bird and learn what happened!

MHL

Searched around and found nothing. I followed the map to the red dot. The screen showed me (blue dot) on the map and the bird about 1/2 mile into the ocean. Hopefully this is wrong and it did land somewhere. I do have my name on it with reward. Trouble is it was at a park with a lot of snow (white hard to see), also a lot of tall trees. Still don't know what happened. Had many flights with no problems. [url][/url]

Attachments

• IMG950349-2.jpg
    IMG950349-2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 429
That is a said sight :(
I hope that map is wrong for you and you get a call .

Really hate it for you vinnyvetere !!
Did your app crash or what happened ?
When mine got gone that red arrow was only where I was when my app crashed
and I found it way away from where it showed as you see in this map .
I would hope it was like mine and I would not give up yet as you just might find it !

You can see just how far off the arrow was from where I found it .
Have faith and hope ya da best and ya do find it !!
It does happen .

Attachments

• FMP.jpg
    FMP.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 464
Sorry to hear this. Keep your phone turned on and go to church tomorrow morning :)

Sorry to hear. Hope the FMP is wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic