Help installing Flytrex Live on top of OSD mini and ImmersionRC

Reaction score
Hi,

I am confused about how to install my new flytrex live 3G in my P2. It's already got an IOSD mini and ImmersionRC transmitter.

I have the basic P2 Flytrex connector that interrupts the GPS cable and needs power soldered. Question is, where do I solder? All the flying power cables were soldered together when I installed the IOSD mini etc. Would it be best to get the Flytrex Live 3G Can-BUS adapter instead? ( https://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables/flytrex-live-3g-can-bus-adapter-vision )

I'd like to avoid more soldering if I can help it. I am confused though as it says the CANBUS adapter is only for the P2 vision.

Help please! Thanks.

I did this addition 2 days ago. Didn't know canbus was for vision only, glad i didnt order it.
I soldered mine by holding wires right on top of solder mounds ( where bat wires connect to main board) pressing solder gun tip on wire til original solder melted it all together. Quick fix . If its a nice shiny melt you'll rest knowing you got no "cold solder joint"

Side note ... Having the flytrex on gave me piece of mind to go as far as possible last night.
The video tx was strong but controller would max out at 2 miles. Which is good cause be careful at 3k plus battery barely made it home. In fact i walked and met the bird 200 ft from homepoint at 11 percent battery

Can anyone help suggest a antenna mod for p2 remote since it comes home at 3k plus while my 1000 boscam thunderbolt / attitudes still have clear reception. Thanks

Reactions: Duke
FPVLR.com TX antenna mod.

Side note ... Having the flytrex on gave me piece of mind to go as far as possible last night.
The video tx was strong but controller would max out at 2 miles. Which is good cause be careful at 3k plus battery barely made it home. In fact i walked and met the bird 200 ft from homepoint at 11 percent battery

Hey Dirty, what kind of equipment are you using Vid monitor antennas and so forth?

Thanks ~Duke

Reactions: almiller1963

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan