Help! Input needed

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to this so please go easy on me. Just got my new P3P, and I see it has the older shell, and motors. Should I send it back and try again or has the shell cracking problem been solved? I have read so many posts on shell cracking not sure what to do. Thanks for any input.

How does one tell if it is the old type shell?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey everyone. I'm new to this so please go easy on me. Just got my new P3P, and I see it has the older shell, and motors. Should I send it back and try again or has the shell cracking problem been solved? I have read so many posts on shell cracking not sure what to do. Thanks for any input.
The shell cracking problem only affected a very small fraction of the earlier P3s.
Most had no problems at all.
In the unlikely event yours does develop cracking, DJI will replace the shell free.
Don't worry about it and enjoy flying. The P3 is an exceptional drone whatever motors it has.

It happened on enough of them for dji to change the design. I personally would want the new version. But that's just me. Waiting for the return would be torture after waiting on it already.

My advanced had the old motors, they were excellent. After a battery related crash they replaced with the new motors. There's little difference I could tell. Especially after 1.5+ and FW 1.6.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4