Help I crashed

Reaction score
Apparently u can't stop return to home when battery is low so my p3 advanced went up when I pushed down. Long story short it fell from maybe 15 feet to pavement.
Body looks fine but camera bracket broke with cable.
Can I buy the parts and replace myself or do I send it somewhere and where?
Please help I wanna save my drone

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447625016.794241.jpg
heres a pic to help you help me

You can find replacement parts here. At the minimum, you're going to need the gimbal yaw arm and gimbal ribbon cable.

If you're looking for someone to repair it for you, then try Hani.

Reactions: R2-D2
Does she still fly ok? You might want to put it through a test flight, safely, to ensure there isnt any more damage internally.

ok upon further investigation one of the landing gears is tweaked so that could be replaced but otherwise it fly's fine.
as far as multiple flight mode... i don't know what that is.. I'm a newbie, i had beginner mode off and what happen was the battery was at critical level and it was returning to home.
it wanted to go up and that meant tree branches -did not end well. i tried to move it down but it kept climbing.
so can i replace the cables and gimbal yaw arm myself or do i need to send it out ?

It isnt a hard fix. Other than parts and a few tools the only thing you need is patience!! Rebuilding the entire bird is VERY simple! Just not easy. Take you time and make sure you dont forget what screw goes where. You wont have that much issue with your task. But a total dis-assembly brings about 7 different screw types. Easy to get confused!

Apparently u can't stop return to home when battery is low so my p3 advanced went up when I pushed down. Long story short it fell from maybe 15 feet to pavement.
Body looks fine but camera bracket broke with cable.
Can I buy the parts and replace myself or do I send it somewhere and where?
Please help I wanna save my drone

Why did it crash? Is return to home not reliable? Did the battery die when you were still 15 feet up?

Lots of crazy assumptions there! It crashed because RTH activated and he was flying under a tree.

I didn't see anything about a tree, just that it went up when he commanded down and then crashed from 15 feet up....

I see it now in later posts....

yes u can fix it steve,Real Nick is a newbie he does know that trees hate quads

So I can buy the parts and replace myself. Sounds good to me. Any special tools needed to get the gimbal arm off / on ?

On all the various sites, I see so many people breaking their Gimble arms and cables and DJI won't sell the parts, even their authorized repair facilities can't get parts. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I can buy the parts and replace myself. Sounds good to me. Any special tools needed to get the gimbal arm off / on ?

From what I have seen installing that gimbal ribbon cable is pretty hard. If it was me I'd have someone else do the repair, someone mentioned Hani earlier.

J
On all the various sites, I see so many people breaking their Gimble arms and cables and DJI won't sell the parts, even their authorized repair facilities can't get parts. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
More money in forcing you to buy a larger assembly.... just a guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers