[Help] HobbyPower Brushless Gimbal installation

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I received as a present this gimbal http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Brushl ... rds=gimbal

I don't have any clue about how to install it. The instructions that come with it really sucks. It has a broken link to a more complete manual that I was unable to find in google.

Could use some help here, I followed a detailed video of how to install the Arris Gimbal but that only helped me to understand how to open the phantom and nothing else. I have the Phantom v.1 by the way.

I attached two images to show you what cables the gimbal brought. The gimbal has only one cable that seems to be for the power and the other two cables that are detached that are shown in one of the pictures. I'm guessing the red one is for power and the multicolor one for pitch and roll :s

Where can I connect the power cable in the phantom????

gimbal1.jpg

gimbal2.jpg

Any help would be greatly aprecciated!!!

Follow the power cable from the main battery connection (the yellow XT60 plug) to where it's soldered on the main board in the phantom. Right next to that, another small grey+red cable is soldered to the board, and should lead out to one of the leg holes on the bottom of the shell. That's the auxiliary power lead from the Phantom, and you need to solder your little red connector to it. Make sure the red lead from that connector gets soldered to the lead with the red stripe on it from the Phantom.

Oi photography thanks for your fast reply!

I found the auxiliary power lead following your instructions :D, should I solder the gray with the black cable and the red with the red? Cause I don't know what to do with the black cable.

Thank you very much!

nperic said:
Oi photography thanks for your fast reply!

I found the auxiliary power lead following your instructions :D, should I solder the gray with the black cable and the red with the red? Cause I don't know what to do with the black cable.

Thank you very much!

No problem! And yes, that's correct...the power lead from the Phantom will have a grey wire and a grey wire with a red stripe. The one without the stripe gets soldered to the black lead on your connector, the one with the stripe goes to your red lead.

Double-check the specs on your gimbal to make sure it can work on 11.1v current (it might say 12v which is fine). It probably does, but it's worth double-checking before giving it power.

I managed to connect everything, the gimbal is receiving power and "working" but the camera is facing down and sometimes the gimbal goes crazy.

The "manual" (3 simple pages) says that the board has the firmware simplebgc 2.2b2, and also has two screenshots of the GUI with the parameters I should write into the board. I copied everything as it was and wrote it into the board, I double-check by disconnecting and reading the data saved again but still no luck.

I couldn't find a detailed manual of all the parameters shown in the GUI, I did some tests with different angle values for Pitch but that didn't changed anything.

:(

What can I do??

While configuring and writing the parameters in the board, calibrating accelerometer, gyro, the battery also needs to be connected? Or only the mini usb in the board will do it?

Without the battery the gimbal beeps all the time. I tried setting the parameters as the manual shows, calibrating the accelerometer, etc. Everything with and without the battery connected but I still can't the gimbal to work.

I really want to get this working so much!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik