HELP! HELP!? Anti-interf. board-which end feeds gimbal???

Reaction score
I hope someone has addressed this, I'm sitting here ready to go fly except I'm afraid to turn on P2 for final test after installing the H3-3d gimbal. The instructions show the anti-interference enhancement board (lets call it aieb) labeled at both ends for connection, yet next to the picture it shows the aieb upside down with the connections going opposite of the labeled picture. It either doesn't matter which end goes where, or many have been confused like me and I don't won't to fry this thing before I even get out of the house.

Re: HELP! HELP!? Anti-interf. board-which end feeds gimbal??

Here is my setup. The connection at the left goes to the main board, the one on the right runs down to the gimbal.

So I guess it doesn't matter which end goes where ever. In the one pic at step 4. (Gimbal Quick Start Guide) the right end is labeled "Phantom 2 Port" and other end "H3-3D Port". Then the pic is flipped upside down with the right end cable going to the H3-3D port. I guess my career with nuclear reactors has made me sweat those small details often enough, at least if I get it wrong it ain't gonna melt down (please don't let it melt!) thanks for the reply. If it works for you then that's the way I'm going to connect mine. captg

I have 15 of them set up this way and they all work great :) LMAO @ nuclear reactors. I don't even want to know the stress level!

One thing, this was how my original supplier set it up and I have done the rest. I am seeing other places it is reversed. That being said, I have never had a problem.
I am going to switch it up and test to see if there is any difference.

When building an LC filter, the capacitor is ALWAYS on the output side and the inductor (choke) is always on the input side.

You have to remember that this filter is only effecting one wire, the positive DC. and uses -DC (ground). All other cables pass through on this board. I believe there are some diodes mounted which I wouldn't have included on the circuit as they soak up additional power to the gimbal.

So the side that goes to the gimbal is the side with the capacitor.

images

J

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic