Help! have I destroyed my controller?

Reaction score
Today I tried installing the latest firmware update on my P3P. Did the copter first, and got 'success' in the notification.

But then I tried doing the controller and things went wrong. I deleted the stuff generated by the copter update from the SD card, leaving only the BIN file, then inserted the card and switched the controller on. All I got was a beep every second along with a flashing red light. I left it for 5 minutes, but nothing was changing, so I switched the controller off. Then when I switched it on again, all I got was a continuous red light (plus the white charge lights).

Have I messed up my controller completely? All advice welcome.

Reactions: Rodger
After firmware version 1.3.2, you must use the DJI GO app to install new firmware updates on the remote controller. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I don't think you have messed up your controller.

Follow the guidelines given above by msinger

Today I tried installing the latest firmware update on my P3P. Did the copter first, and got 'success' in the notification.

But then I tried doing the controller and things went wrong. I deleted the stuff generated by the copter update from the SD card, leaving only the BIN file, then inserted the card and switched the controller on. All I got was a beep every second along with a flashing red light. I left it for 5 minutes, but nothing was changing, so I switched the controller off. Then when I switched it on again, all I got was a continuous red light (plus the white charge lights).

Have I messed up my controller completely? All advice welcome.
As several others have replied, the controller is updated through the "Go" app since the 2.4.2 app version. Tap the Status button on the top of the screen. If an update is required, it will tell you so and you can update at that time.. You must have an internet connection to accomplish this.

Hi

Thank you everybody. I updated via the internet and everything was fine.

But what got be confused in the first place was that when I switched on the go all I got a message saying the latest osmo firmware had just been released and that had to be installed via amico SD card. Why did I get this message when I don't own an osmo?

Hi

Thank you everybody. I updated via the internet and everything was fine.

• But what got be confused in the first place was that when I switched on the go all I got a message saying the latest osmo firmware had just been released and that had to be installed via amico SD card. Why did I get this message when I don't own an osmo?[/QUOTE

DJI likes to send out notifications about all of it's products. That confused me for a second since I didn't think I had an Inspire (had to check). Just dismiss the message and move along

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers