Help: H43D gimbal twitch

Reaction score
Hey everyone-
I'm having Some real issues with my gimbal. It's making the horrible grinding sound and won't stay still when I'm at rest. From the moment I turn on the phantom it grinds and the movements are very sporadic. Not sure how to fix this. This just started when I was going out to fly today.

Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

Do an IMU recalibration first.

Make sure the H33D is neutral balanced (it should just 'float when off' and flop lop sided.
It could also be a bad potentiometer...Or dirt (small metallic ferrite) in the motors. This can confuse the polarities in the motor.

I calibrated the IMU but it still seems to be making this horrible sound and moving back and forth. I have complete control with up and down but nothing side to side

Hey everyone-
I'm having Some real issues with my gimbal. It's making the horrible grinding sound and won't stay still when I'm at rest. From the moment I turn on the phantom it grinds and the movements are very sporadic. Not sure how to fix this. This just started when I was going out to fly today.

Anyone had this problem before and know how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

First off IMU calibration and compass have nothing to do it the gimbal. What you might try is to do a hard reset of the gimbal itself. Watch the following video which is for h3-3d gimbal but will also work for the h4-3d gimbal.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: antares
I also just got a compass error saying I'm having abnormal compass data and I need to restart the flight controller.

On what are you receiving that compass error message?

Jason I've tried this a few times. My gimbal freaks out after I do it and makes that grinding sound

What camera are you using on the gimbal and are you also using ND filters?

Update:

It was the screw on the arm of the gimbal. Tightened that little guy up and the bird works well now! Nothing better than that!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31