Help. GoPro battery drain. Zenmuse off.

Reaction score
Hi,
Installed a Zenmuse last week on my Phantom. Really happy with it. Stunning video.
Anyhow, I went to fly yesterday. Before I went out, I attached the fully charged gopro to the gimbal. It was definitely charged as it had been on charge for about 40 minutes before and light had gone out at the end of the charge.
Got to the field and weather was horrible and no one was around. So went home. I had not put a lipo in to the phantom at all.
Anyhow I went home and just put the kit in the house and went out for a few hours. When I got home I went to put everything away. I always take the battery out of the gopro if I know I'm not going to use it for a week or more.
When I went to take the battery out of the gopro, it was very warm and the gopro battery was completely flat. The gopro had been attached to the Zenmuse for this few hours. The gopro was switched off. Is this normal?
Cheers, Rich

sounds like you left the GP on, not recording but ON. They have a heat/shutdown mode which doesn't always work - Many of the early GP3s had heat issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.