Help from all p2v owners!!

Reaction score
I currently have the phantom v1.1.1 but was considering putting fpv on it but after thinking I can sell phantom and come out better by buying a new p2v than adding fpv to mine. One thing worries me though......I see the distance on the p2v is half that of the phantom 1. Anyone gone from the 1 the the 2 vision that noticed this? Or anyone out there feel like their p2v has too short of a comm distance?? All help is greatly appreciated!

Not sure what the distance is on the P1 but I can fly my P2V over 300 metres (1000ft) away and maintain FPV. if the TX is switched over to FCC mode I can theoretically control it up to 500metres (1600ft) away but would need to upgrade the WIFI extender to cope with the extra distance for FPV.

From what I found online the p1 has a distance of 1000 m compared to that of the p2v with 500m, everything about the p2v is what I'm looking but this worries me

Might want to take a look at this thread on the subject

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1566

Seems there is an advantage with distance on the P1 over the P2V,

I get over 1100m on my p2v in FCC mode without any mods to the tx or any thing like that.
Tho i dont know how much further I can get then that cause my FPV usually cuts out at about 3800 feet in ideal conditions.

THo I did at one spot get her out to 4,800feet (1463metters) and still had video when it went out of control range and did a rth

so they get a lot more then the old stated 500 meter flight range for the p2v and even more then the new stated ranger of 800m

when the FPV stops working then the screen just shows the last image. so even if you can fly further you cant actually see it live but you could watch the video after as it still records.

Without any mods you got 1100m,more than double the stated???

yes more then double what the stated controll range was when I first got it which said 500m then dji in some of the publications chaged the range to say 800m in fcc mode. But even still its typical for people to get atleast 800m to 1000m flight range and even more. But its all dependant on the transmitter and the slight variations in the manufacturing of the antennas on each one to.
even that tiny wire tip on the ends of the antennas can make a big difference if its even a fraction of a mm to long or to short. or how much solder is on each on will change the length and thus the tuning of the antennas. So every ones mileage will vary.

I even have two txs that are the very same ones and same revisions. one of them only got me out to about 875m intill I upgraded the antennas in it. and the other one is the one that I typically get 1100 and some times even more on that one. Without doing any thing to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj