Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Help Forum - Turnigy 9x install

Phantom running naza v2
I can't get this tx TURNIGY 9X v2 to work on my phantom and I have followed the below link to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMMk7LVj ... detailpage

I wanted more range and a control knob for my tarot 2d gimbal so I can use tilt.
The tx ix binded to the controller but when I open naza software nothing is happening?
Can someone please help!

Thanks.

Re: Help Forum - Turnigy 9x install

leahyc said:
Phantom running naza v2
I can't get this tx TURNIGY 9X v2 to work on my phantom and I have followed the below link to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMMk7LVj ... detailpage

I wanted more range and a control knob for my tarot 2d gimbal so I can use tilt.
The tx ix binded to the controller but when I open naza software nothing is happening?
Can someone please help!

Thanks.

Try these too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfeNOKA6LgQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DikLpzlIqHA

Never mind my previous posts, I got my motors to start. I upgraded the firmware and did all calibration. It turns out that the IMU calibration needed to be done.

Auxiliary Power Cable Shorted Out My Status Light and USB

I had my auxiliary power cable short out my LED / USB board today. I was able to test fly it afterwards, the red and green lights on the front and back extensions work, but my flight status LED indicator won't light up at all. I connected the Phantom to the assistant software and the software doesn't recognize the stick inputs. So, I think the short occurred while the aux cable touched the USB board. The cable that leads to the AETR ports of the NAZA is fried at the "R" portion of the wire, which is supped to control Rudder (yaw). Strangely the yaw worked on my test flight after the short. Obviously I want my flight status indicator to work. This was my 5th flight and I am loving the Phantom. I am just looking for suggestions, other than sending it out for a new board. Thanks.

StainFace said:
I could use help with this. I am new to the phantom and just received it today. But I'm not new to quadcopters and controllers. I took the controller out and the left thumb stick is springy. It is constantly in the middle position. It doesn't stay downward in the 0% throttle position. This doesn't seem correct. Is this a factory mishap?

Nope. It is perfect. There's a YouTube video of Colin demonstrating the advantages of the self-centering throttle. Believe me, you will LOVE it once you fly it. When you release the throttle, the Phantom hovers at that altitude, hands-free. You'll see!!!

PF

Re: T motors run full power immediately

I had a bad crash when I lost one propeller, put everything back together -recalibrated the IMU etc but as soon as I apply power it goes straight to full throttle and tries to return to China !!!! My rig is from DSLRPros with all the fruit including Futaba TX. As I am in New Zealand it is not practical to send back to the States. Any one know what has failed -software /hardware ??? and can I recalibrate the Phantom and the Futaba or do I have to replace the Naz etc.. thank you in advance

Swoffa said:
I had a bad crash when I lost one propeller, put everything back together -recalibrated the IMU etc but as soon as I apply power it goes straight to full throttle and tries to return to China !!!! My rig is from DSLRPros with all the fruit including Futaba TX. As I am in New Zealand it is not practical to send back to the States. Any one know what has failed -software /hardware ??? and can I recalibrate the Phantom and the Futaba or do I have to replace the Naz etc.. thank you in advance

Do you get any error messages when you plug into the NAZA software? What do the mod values say in the software?

Swoffa said:

I had the same problem when I built my Flamewheel F450. I had to tether it down with gym weights until I sorted it out.

Try going to "Throttle Curve" (Page 3 of 3) in the Futaba Tx menue. Set sw to SWF, P5 = 100%, P4 = 50%, P3 = 20%, P2 = 12% and P1 = 0.0%. Make sure your switch position (Switch F in this case) is enabled and all the way back (UP). Now your center stick position is only 20% throttle instead of 50% and goes to 100% as you push up (as usual) to 100%. Problem solved.

Let me know if this works for you.

PF

Just received my new P2V and completed all config and even the first flight. Super super super!

Two quick questions:

1. The wifi network number offered doesn't begin with a '1' as all instructions /videos state. Why?
2. When powering up the P2V, there is a fair amount of noise (sounds buzzy like an old modem). Is this normal?

Just checking what appear to be anomallies. Other than that, its quite an amazing camera!

Re: Help Forum controller won't communicate with Phantom

had a malfunction and now the controller won't communicate with the P2V. I have tried everything. Updating firmware on controller and phantom, IMU Basic and advanced Calibration. when I connect to the phantom thru Assistant I get a CFG-ERR message it says Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters. I can't clear it. any and all suggestions are appreciated

Hello everyone I am new In this forum but I would like to share what im in the middle of with a repaired Phantom. I received my Phantom from DslrPros after an epic crash on a baseball field, new GPS and antennae. Flying fine AGAIN and on about my 10th flight or so im noticing strange movements and then failsafe for no reason. THANK GOD for failsafe! Put all new batteries in TX and Phantom, same thing except its locked in failsafe. Now I cant even get response with naza assistant. I dismantle Phantom and everything is intact as it should be, learned my lesson on first crash, and start playing with wires/connections. I find that the ribbon cable from GPS to naza is pluged in properly but with the slightest toutch phantom comes out of failsafe long enough to run calibration and test flight, no props, in my garage. also experienced motor rev after failsafe had been tripped in garage. I dont know if Phantom was trying to climb to 60ft in GPS mode with no props or not but I had to un plug battery to shut down. im thinking loose connections could be the blame for some of the fly aways ive been reading about. My son is a real geek so hes coming over to check ALL cables before my next flight. Hope this helps someone before you loose your Phantom. Kris

Kris10 it sounds like you need to bind the Tx and Rx (transmitter and receiver) again?

My son, the geek, determined that the problem was not wires/connectors but with naza itself. He dismantled naza and found loose soldering from my crash. After repairs and recalibration and changing some paramaters the only problem im having now is Phantom is not holding altitude in GPS mode. Im not done yet and will write back when things are right. Kris

just made this account, i'm having some issues with my dji phantom. I accidentally unpluged it from the computer via usb and it must have screwed with the tx settings, i have a vid showing some of the issues. I know a few days ago i was getting a err 8 code and a err Tx but as you can see in the vid i dont have that issue any more. Im confused on what to do so any help would be awesome! thanks Brandan heres the link to the vid, hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdIz7q_sI64

New owner. Read quick start, did calibrations, and flew nicely for two days. On day three, cold outside. Turned on as usual, and got only flashing green lights on the self check LED at first, but ultimately gave a few yellows, then back to green. Like an eager (and in retrospect foolish) beginner, I tried to lift off. Bad idea. Rotated over immediately and tried to fly to China. Gave up, took it in, and recharged the battery. Since, whenever I turn on, it the peripheral LEDs blink, I get the right ascending chimes, but then…the self-check LED does not light at all. I'm stuck. What to do next?

Help ! I have an early model Phantom with a old version tranmitter (1.0). Now my controller is broken and need a new (used ?) one.
The trouble is that newer models wont bind to the Phantom so i need a 1.0 version.

WHO can help !?

Gil

Re: Connection with Phantom 2 Vision

Hallo,

I can't see the images of the camera on the app of dji.

The most of the times it is not possible to connect the ipad with the wifi. The name of the wifi is Phantom_605XXX, while the
Video Tutorials mentions that the name must be Phantom_1XXXX.
The ipad gives that there is nog IP adres.

When there is a connections (yes sometimes it happens) thant the app indicates that there is a good connection (a green dot on the screen with the name of the wifi connection).
When i go to the camera than it mention "connect to phnatom 2 vison failed” and i get no vieuw.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

I would like to use an ipad to control the camera operation while someone else pilots the Phantom using an iphone...we are unable to get both devices to connect to the Phantom WIFI...is this possible and if so how do I get them both to connect.

Howdy, I'm a little backwards here please bare with me !!!!!
Have a Q's When everybody says rotate compass on the DJI Phantom, does this mean rotate the compass on the leg ? I have or my phantom does the Toilet Bowl Effect......... If I understand mostly everyone procedures, move it, do the cali dance, then do a software calibration for the IMU's. Is this correct ????
My Phantom used to hold posistion ( Dead-Nuts) but after four or so mishap crashes she spin circles (TBE) Works very well in ATT> mode, so it's my compass right ? any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Crazy marketing! I bought a Phantom in October 2013 - all good. 2 months later 2 of my friends bought one for themselves as well. A few days ago I dropped the controller and it fell on the throttle control a broke it. One of my friends gave me his controller since he bought a real fancy one and did not need it. I found out it had different guts as well as his Phantom had a different board and NAZA (mine red - his orange). So, his controller would not bind to my quad :roll: I tried also to put his throttle in-place of my broken one - those parts are different too. :cry: Would not work....

So I went on line and purchased a new controller which turned out to be an older model then mine? :lol: - what the heck. It did not have a spring in the throttle. Of course it did not bind either. How on earth can you tell the difference between products that all look the same? - How do I order one on line that will work with my Phantom? - they all say they work with Phantom's....Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.