Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too much of a noob to be much assistance, but found this bit of information

Sorry quoting an unknown author:
"Phantom Versions as of September 1, 2013
- v1.0. original release (fall 2012)
- v1.1. 2nd version ( April-May 2013 I think) which introduced a spring to automatically center the radio throttle stick on release.
- v1.2. 3rd version ( August 2013 ) which came bundled with two 2200mAh batteries and a pair of reversed-thread black prop nuts for the M2/M4 motors to prevent them from accidentally loosing the props during flight (as happened to some user that didn't tighten the prop nuts enough)"

You seem to have v1.1 with the self centering throttle. The left stick springs to center. That's okay for your Phantom.

Here's a discussion of the transmitter:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?t=264&p=1450#p1436

And a comment from my own experience, turn on the transmitter, set it down. Put the battery in the Phantom, set it down and do not touch it until the sequence of LED flashes is correct. Do not disturb it by doing a compass calibration until after the LEDS are correct and it gives you a blinking green when both toggle switches are up (away from you).

Your answers are here in this forum. Sorry to say this, but be patient the answers will come. While you wait for the help, use the search function and start looking for your answers. Be sure to download every document available from the DJI web site.

Actually starting a new topic in the Help Forum will speed up the process, too.
Good luck,

Drifil,

"You need to bind the controller (Tx) with the receiver again . . . ."

What exactly does that mean? BIND?? Sorry but rings no bells.

BTW, Last night I tried startup again....and the motors started....for the first time. In daylight today I am about to go for liftoff.

Peter Patricelli

Hi there, I'm from sunny Perth, Australia.

I just brought a new Phantom and done all calibrations. Very excited as you would be with a gadget like this but spent all day trying to get power to the motors. No start up lights, just keep getting LED indicator flashing twice red when in GPS mode or Orange when switch down to ATTI. By the book this is a "Stick not in centre indication". If I move the throttle towards the centre position, it changes to just one light flashing.

Tried to Band the TX tot the RX again. All good there. Calibrated the sticks so many times now on the software but no luck at all.

Has anyone had this problem or is it just me :oops: Please help me !

Phil King

thinking said:
Hi there, I'm from sunny Perth, Australia.

I just brought a new Phantom and done all calibrations. Very excited as you would be with a gadget like this but spent all day trying to get power to the motors. No start up lights, just keep getting LED indicator flashing twice red when in GPS mode or Orange when switch down to ATTI. By the book this is a "Stick not in centre indication". If I move the throttle towards the centre position, it changes to just one light flashing.

Tried to Band the TX tot the RX again. All good there. Calibrated the sticks so many times now on the software but no luck at all.

Has anyone had this problem or is it just me :oops: Please help me !

Phil King

You need to move both sticks (left & right) at the same time to bottom corners of their travel. That should start the motors. The two red flashes could mean you are not picking up enough satellites which is common if you are indoors.

Thanks Mikrob,

Still doesn't work. Although I stuffed up.......when I said Red, I actually meant Green when switched to GPS and Orange when switch down to ATTI.

Sorry, really buggered up late last night after a long day working on this :oops: I do get the Red for lost Sat connections :D
The Red is followed by the two fast Greens (or Oranges).

Cheers mate!

I have lift off.....well just a few feet....to nervous after hearing about all the fly aways.

Still have one concern. My MOD value is 776....apparently too low although I have no warning lights on LED.

X = 262 Y = -335 Z = -653 and MOD 776

Tried all the DJI tricks in the book. They talk about having high values and waving a magnet around like a magical wand to bring the value down.

How do you get the values up?

Is it a problem to fly with my values with GPS?

Zenmuse H3 2D Gimbal

Stabilizing works great.
The tilt doesn't respond. I just points straight down and when the lever is moved It will tilt to the up side with no in between.

I have the software assistant installed and all is upgraded.
DJI Zenmuse_H3_2D Assistant 1.02 - Does not respond
I have the PMU version 2.

One connector was left orphaned

Can you help
Thanks,

Re: Zenmuse H3 2D Gimbal

portsocall said:
Stabilizing works great.
The tilt doesn't respond. I just points straight down and when the lever is moved It will tilt to the up side with no in between.

I have the software assistant installed and all is upgraded.
DJI Zenmuse_H3_2D Assistant 1.02 - Does not respond
I have the PMU version 2.

One connector was left orphaned

Can you help
Thanks,

Did you calibrate X1 in the NAZA software?

Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

Hi, here is a story of a girl and a helicopter. Not in the least romantic, actually quite the opposite.

Alright, long story short, the phantom doesn't seem to be able to use the GPS mode at all (okay, there is a slight breeze but it should cope with that right?)

I calibrate it fine, it finds GPS, has a green light, all great, start up the motors. FUNNY POINT, the right toggle is making it go up??? How is that even happening? So I make it fly up even slightly and it starts moving a little to the right even though both toggles are centred. After a while I usually have a little crashed, recalibrate and then it just flashes red consistently (the batteries are fully charged).

So what to do?! I'm just an intern at this company and they've said "make this work". Spent the whole 2 days trying and we eventually went to these guys in a big room full of helicopters (we're in Beijing) and he started it flying, after that, he didn't really teach me (probably should have).

Would really appreciate some advice!

Flashing red, looks like no charged battery. (low voltage setting)
1- Did you charged it with balance wire and power wired both connected to charger?
2- The charger cycled continuos RED, then blink RED-GREEN and finally solid GREEN ? - that means correctly charging cycle.
3- If point 1- answered YES, then may be you received a bad battery
4- If point 2- answered NO, then may be you got a bad charger.

Also try to calibrate TX with naza assistant.

jumanoc said:
Flashing red, looks like no charged battery. (low voltage setting)
1- Did you charged it with balance wire and power wired both connected to charger?
2- The charger cycled continuos RED, then blink RED-GREEN and finally solid GREEN ? - that means correctly charging cycle.
3- If point 1- answered YES, then may be you received a bad battery
4- If point 2- answered NO, then may be you got a bad charger.

Also try to calibrate TX with naza assistant.

Hi,
Thanks Jumanoc for your help. I charged up a battery, got a green light, calibrated using the naza assistant and then did a "spin in a circle" calibration and set it down just to see the red light of failure flashing back at me :cry:

We're off to see the room of Chinese men with helicopters in 30 minutes to see what they can do.

Adam said:
Need help with your DJI Phantom? This is a great place to ask your setup questions, flight questions, repair questions, and more....

Hi,

After upgrading phantom I have lost it's hovering accuracy. I have done basic, advance and compass calibration too still I find it it flow all directions out of the limit specify by DJI. It also not able to hold atti.
What is remedy.
Thanks

vruttiket said:
Adam said:

Hi,

After upgrading phantom I have lost it's hovering accuracy. I have done basic, advance and compass calibration too still I find it it flow all directions out of the limit specify by DJI. It also not able to hold atti.
What is remedy.
Thanks

After upgrading you have to import Default Parameters (downloaded from DJI site), then you must perform Advanced Calibration too. That should correct hovering.

I can't get my transmitter to connect to my phantom at all. I installed the new phantom upgrade kit and I followed the instructions exactly. My phantom came with a different receiver that is not showed in the tutorials. Mine has 2x3pin connectors and it isn't clear where I need to plug these in to in the NAZA. No matter what I do the phantom just flashes yellow constantly and the assistant tells me that there is a gps issue and it doesn't see any control from the transmitter at all. It is really frustrating, can anyone help me. Thanks

telsatall said:
I can't get my transmitter to connect to my phantom at all. I installed the new phantom upgrade kit and I followed the instructions exactly. My phantom came with a different receiver that is not showed in the tutorials. Mine has 2x3pin connectors and it isn't clear where I need to plug these in to in the NAZA. No matter what I do the phantom just flashes yellow constantly and the assistant tells me that there is a gps issue and it doesn't see any control from the transmitter at all. It is really frustrating, can anyone help me. Thanks

Those two plugs go to X1 and X2 on the Naza. Make sure that your NAZA software is set to DBUS to make the software see the transmitter.

I crashed my phantom real hard upside down I now get no gps signal
Don't know what to do when I plug the USB port in to computer
It says atti atti manual mode it should be gps atti manual I can't change
It where do I start

Morrchew said:
I crashed my phantom real hard upside down I now get no gps signal
Don't know what to do when I plug the USB port in to computer
It says atti atti manual mode it should be gps atti manual I can't change
It where do I start

I'd guess you either knocked the GPS cable loose inside or maybe the GPS battery (which is hidden under the gray foam in the lid after you remove it). The fact it won't go in to GPS likely indicates it's not getting a signal from the GPS unit.

Need help with new setup...

We got a phantom and upgraded to the P330CB-H3-2D board. (Did not test anything before upgrade). We followed these instructions here: http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... .00_en.pdf

Anyway first we turned on the transmitter, then the phantom. At first we did get the calibration yellow lights followed by 3 red blinks. After calibrating we get 1 green flash and 3 red flashes. We can not get any motor to start nor will the camera move positions.

Also I noticed that the camera mount itself where the camera fits gets warm, (there is a physical heat) coming from the mount. Not burning but warm. Anyway I would appreciate any thoughts...

Thanks.

Problem solved, IMU needed to be calibrated.

I just purchased the VISION 2 and did the calibration, received the green lights, BUT when I push the throttles to activate the props, NOTHING happens. Batteries are completely charged as is the wifi device. HELP please

Phantom with P330CB-H3-2D board... All LED flashes indicate the phantom should be able to fly. When activating the props I get the 4 green flashes and then push the throttle but no motors start. Any ideas? I have verified the correct connections after building the upgrading to the P330CB-H3-2D board board. All is where it should be. Also still curious as to why the zenmuse gimbal itself where the camera gets plugged into (the flat part) is getting hot. I noticed a red LED light in the corner maybe this is the source of the heat?

It is likely a step that I am missing... If anyone has thoughts post a reply.

Thanks.

Problem solved, IMU needed to be calibrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj